Help! jack slipped & crushed oil pan

primo

Established Member
its all good, no damage, pan replaced with mmr unit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I have no advice, but your one lucky man, as we just lost a member a couple weeks ago when his car shifted and crushed him.

BTW I'm spending the cash and buying racing ramps, I won't take the chance anymore.

Stalker27

Established Member
Yes indeed very lucky. Man before you do anything else please do us all a favor and please go buy you some low profile ramps from Walmart. Those are all you need to get up under there to change oil

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
Damn!! very possible, but I wouldn't think the crank is that close to the bottom of the pan :shrug:.,., and what they said on safety

primo

Established Member
I know about safety. I was infront of the car jacking it up, not under it. Funnything is, I use the racing ramps to get enough clearance to get the jack under the bumper, but the prblem was I was in my garage and they kept moving forward when I tried to get the car on them. I just got the cr on enought o get clearance, then I always set the car back on them. Fawk!

2003snake

Established Member
I probably have the line in my list of goodies....let me know exactly which one....

Hey, the positive....at least you were not under the car when it slipped off the jack...

Cheers! Jason.

Iman01

Established Member
The oil pickup is in the bottom of the oil pan too right? Might have bent that too. It might be that hitting your crank.

primo

Established Member
will I be able to bend that back out or is it damaged goods. 2003 snake, I'll send you a pm. Thanks

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
How do you guys get up on the race ramps? My car is too low and the ramps are useless. I usually use 2X4's to get the car high enough to get my low profile jack under it.

Fat-cat

Established Member
How do you guys get up on the race ramps? My car is too low and the ramps are useless. I usually use 2X4's to get the car high enough to get my low profile jack under it.

x2 my shit is way to low to even get a low pro jack under my sub frames

cbr repsol

Established Member
IF you can get the pan out you could beat it back into shape with a hammer. If it were mine id order a new one with a trap door for road racing. So some might say your lucky:shrug:. Make sure to get the correct oil pump pick up tube. Aftermarket pans require ones for that pan.

cbr repsol

Established Member
Any thoughts on potential damage to the crank or engine?

It is unlikely however If the oil pump tube got crushed and it sucks air or nothing at all then "Yes". Good thing you did shut it down when you observed the noise.

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm assuming you were using a hydraulic jack. Did it slip as you were jacking the car up?

You were definitely fortunate that something worse didn't happen. Definitely add some good ramps and jack stands to your inventory. Pronto! :coolman:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
the oil pickup is in the bottom of the oil pan too right? Might have bent that too. It might be that hitting your crank.

Yep, pan has to be yanked because it hit the pickup which barely sits above bottom of pan

Man, I'm sorry to see this happen to ya :(

Last edited:

primo

Established Member
Just ordered the MMR 7qt rcing pan. I'll get pics up in a second.

primo

Established Member
Yeah, I called ford and they can order the line. MMR 7qt apn ordered and the hot side of the turbo piping is going to the coaters for jet hot. Does anyone think I could have damaged my crank?

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
I'd say no because the forged crank and rods are much harder than the stamped pickup or pan baffles

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread