Help! - JBA long tube install

Scooters

On my forth Mustang
Established Member
Thanks, got the nut off, but now the ground wire is just not wanting to slide off the bolt.

I tried to get this stupid ground wire off for half an hour. I gave up and installed the drivers side header, then reinstalled that motor mount. I went back to the passenger side and still cannot get that stupid ground wire off of the bolt. I am really feeling like an idiot at this point. The wire clip looks like it has a couple prongs that wrap around the motor mount bolt head. I am open to suggestion here.:shrug:

Thanks everyone,

Scott

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
I tried to get this stupid ground wire off for half an hour. I gave up and installed the drivers side header, then reinstalled that motor mount. I went back to the passenger side and still cannot get that stupid ground wire off of the bolt. I am really feeling like an idiot at this point. The wire clip looks like it has a couple prongs that wrap around the motor mount bolt head. I am open to suggestion here.:shrug:

Thanks everyone,

Scott

:lol: I spent almost two hrs trying to get it off! I couldn't figure out what the hell I was doing wrong. The only way I was able to get it off was by cracking it where it is around the bolt.

Scooters

On my forth Mustang
Established Member
:lol: I spent almost two hrs trying to get it off! I couldn't figure out what the hell I was doing wrong. The only way I was able to get it off was by cracking it where it is around the bolt.

Ugh, finally got it out off. Pulled the starter, engine mount and battery/tray then called it a day. At this point, should be able to finish it off tomorrow. I'll be sure to post up a clip when finished (1-7/8" JBA long tubes, catted x-pipe, Roush axle backs).

scotmach

Established Member
I'm going to be doing headers soon on a lift and that's bad enough but you guys doing it on jack stands I feel for you.

jdcobra

Established Member
I'm going to be doing headers soon on a lift and that's bad enough but you guys doing it on jack stands I feel for you.

Eh I'm about to do it and from the videos I've seen and info I got from other people on here it's not so bad especially if the car isn't your daily driver. I'm just gonna take my time and not rush it because that's when things usually go wrong

04compgt

Established Member
You guys are crazy spending a whole day on longtube install. Some spending a few days. I did mine on jackstands in 4 hours. It is so much easier to put an engine bar in front of the motor and remove the k member. It takes half the time to take everything off. Its an hour to remove the k member. Another hour to remove stock headers, hour to install new headers and another hour to install everything back up. If you mark the k member you just put everything back on the same marks and it will not hurt anything.

Users who are viewing this thread