Help!! Keep getting same engine code...

jaybusa1

Established Member
The code that I keep getting is P050E. The only mods are: Steeda cold air intake, Magnaflow off road X pipe and a tune. I get the same code with cats in or cats out. I am ready to pull my hair out!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

jaybusa1

Established Member
I'd rather not say, I am not trying to bash any shops, and I know the way people get on forums. Just looking for some help. Thanks!

Chuck@Evolution

Established Member
Good advice kdanner, but he has an aftermarket tune, so getting the TSB performed would be meaningless.

jaybusa1

Established Member
I put the car back to stock and I don't get the code. Just wondering why my car is such a pain because the tuner never had this problem before. Just want to see if anyone else has had this same problem and how to fix it.

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
P050:
Indicates the powertrain control module (PCM) detected an error in the vehicle speed information. Vehicle speed data is received from either the vehicle speed sensor (VSS), transfer case speed sensor (TCSS) or anti-lock brake system (ABS) control module. If the engine rpm is above the torque converter stall speed (automatic transmission) and engine load is high, it can be inferred that the vehicle must be moving. If there is insufficient vehicle speed data input, a malfunction is indicated and a DTC is set. On most vehicle applications the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) will be triggered when this DTC is set.

Chuck@Evolution

Established Member
Cold Start Engine Exhaust Temperature Out of Range
Description The powertrain control module (PCM) calculates the actual catalyst warm up temperature during a cold start. The PCM then compares the actual catalyst temperature to the expected catalyst temperature model. The difference between the actual and expected temperatures is a ratio. This DTC sets when this ratio exceeds the calibrated value and the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) illuminates.
Possible Causes Intake air restriction
Exhaust restriction
Engine mechanical concern
Damaged or sludged electronic throttle body (ETB)
Vacuum leaks
Damaged PCM

Diagnostic Aids Disregard the freeze frame data. Freeze frame data does not apply to the cold start monitor.
This DTC is informational only and may be accompanied by other DTCs. Diagnose other DTCs first. If no other DTCs are present, inspect the intake air system for air restrictions, vacuum leaks, and damage. If no concerns are present, clear the DTCs and verify the engine coolant temperature is below 37.8ºC (100ºF). Allow the vehicle to soak for 2-3 hours if necessary for the engine coolant temperature to fall below 37.8ºC (100ºF).
Start the engine without touching the accelerator pedal and allow the engine to idle for 6 minutes in park. If no DTCs are present and the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) is not illuminated after idling for 6 minutes, carry out the key ON engine running (KOER) self-test to confirm that no DTCs are present and the repair is complete.

jaybusa1

Established Member
new tune

Chuck thanks for all the help. The new tune feels real good cant wait to go to the track this Wednesday and no more engine light on.

Users who are viewing this thread