Help! L&M TB

Silver11gt500

Established Member
I am trying to find contact info for L&M but am coming up short and have heard that they might be out of business. The problem I am having with my 72mm unit that I have on my 2011 GT500 is that I moved the allen screw that is inside the adjustment bolt that controls/adjusts throttle position voltage. I understand that this may have been a big no-no and may have to send it back to be adjusted/fixed. If anyone on here has any info on what this allen screw is for or what it adjusts it would be a big help. It did not seem to make any change in the voltage setting when I turned it in or out. Any help or advise is appreciated.

Thanks!

Red-GT500

Needs More Torque!
Established Member
Not to sure what it actually changes. Maybe some Guru's will chime in and let us know. I have a used 72mm VMP unit that im going to install soon. Hopefully the previous owner resisted the urge to play with it.

Is it just a matter of finding the right setting again or is there more to the process? Just want to know what to look for should this used part cause me trouble.

jamied

Established Member
The allen stop screw (in the green) within the hollowed 7/16 bolt 'for lack of better terminology' (in red) holds a spring assembly that pushes against a brass pin so when the throttle closes it doesn't hit a hard stop and lock the butterfly's. (It's an exceptional design) The outer 1/2 lock bolt (in yellow) locks the throttle stop bolt assembly from moving. The TPS adjustment is made by loosening the lock bolt (yellow) and setting the 7/16 bolt (red) either clockwise or counter-clockwise to get the correct voltage. Just use locktight on all the hardware.
lm72mm.jpg

jamied

Established Member
Originally Posted by betiwin
Jim is the man! He will take care of you.
++1:thumbsup:

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
have a 72mm on my gt500 and couldnt be happier...i thought i had tbody issues a year ago but after Jim sent me a tune file to try and determine the problem it wasnt the tbody at all but rather a tune issue....yes Jim is the man!

Silver11gt500

Established Member
All u guys were right, Jim was a huge help with this issue. He told me how to readjust the small allen screw that sits in the adjustment bolt for tp voltage. Once i did this i did a relearn on the car and now the car drives perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread