Help- Loss of power and throttle response

BlownReptile

Established Member
So, I went from a UPR O/R X to a brand new UPR catted mid. Shortly after putting the catted mid on, the Cobra lost power, torque and throttle response. About half a day after the midpipe was installed, the Cobra was running fine. Car was running better with cats than without, until a couple hours after I installed the pipe.

I had the exhaust checked for leaks- two separate shops couldn't find anything, and I neither can I. Though I swear I hear a leak sometimes in parking garages and while passing parked cars, etc. Car was tuned with an SCT for the cats, and was tuned when it didnt have cats.

Im going to check the plugs, coil packs, cats and replace the fuel filter over the next few days. Any ideas? Manifolds? Car is basically stock- unpullied, with a spec clutch, borla stingers and k+n cai. Want to diagnose as much as possible this week, in the event that it ends up needing shop time :(

Thanks

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
To clarify...the car never ran fine after the install of the upr catted x?...my guess could be the 02 sensors...did you put them back in/ hook them up, especially the upstreams 2...?

BlownReptile

Established Member
Sorry for the confusion. The car ran great after I installed the catted mid- for a short while. O2s are hooked up, and I used my SCT to tune the car for cats.

Users who are viewing this thread