Help..Magnaflow X & Catback for $1589 installed?

Orange Poison

Established Member
Please help,

I'm having a muffler shop that is a Magnaflow authorized installer... is going to charge me $1589 for the Magnaflow Catback #15644 and for the X-pipe #93335 fully installed...everything....everything.

Does this sound right? Or am I getting ripped off?

Could anyone here (if you wouldn't mind) tell me how much you paid for everything parts & labor for the Magnaflow system?

Your help is greatly appreciated. PM me if you don't want to post it on a thread.

Thanks
:thumbsup:

agof95

Established Member
That's really high.

The parts themselves are around $900 and installation shouldn't be more than $250. That puts it at $1,150 before tax.

bborder

Established Member
RedHotSnake- check your email. I'm in Marina Del Rey area and just did the install myself the other night in an hour. I'd be willing to help you out so you don't get reamed by the shop. I'm going to be working on my car tonight also.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
I got those same parts during the last group purchase for $760. Took them to my local muffler shop and had them installed for $75. You are not getting ripped off.....

YOU ARE GETTING RAPED!!!!

2thman

giggle gas expert
Established Member
I agree. I ordered my catback for 380 and had it installed for $30. I would suggest ordering it and calling around to perf shops. The snake has a way of charming ppl to help ya:D

jason

ronreid03

Established Member
I bought my catback for 380 and the x-pipe for 400. It's about a 45 min-1 hour install and can be done on a garage floor with teh car on jackstands. I wouldn't pay that much, especially if someone were willing to help me!

I am very pleased with the system, though!

Ron

Hunter

Crazy Insane SVT Poster!
Established Member
My Magnaflow catted-x and Magnaflow catback was $745 delivered. I'll install it myself.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
MagnaFlow Tru-X w/ High-Flow Cats + Cat Back = $827.52 at GRC Performance in Mission Viejo. Gotta ask us SoCal guys who are close by...

OverToad

Established Member
I'm runnin' Bassani catback/xpipe which are more expensive (I didn't say better, I said more expensive), and my total was $1200 installed. Also, I didn't look for the best price, as I wanted to build repoirt with a local racing shop.

Let one of these guys help you do it. $75 is fair, and you'll learn something ;-)

jumpincactus

Warriors come out to play
Established Member
Chuck,

These products were designed on the '03 Cobra that was provided to us from SVT months before the Cobra was sold. SVT knows the quality of Bassani products.

1. Almost all vehicles that have a performance after-market exhaust systems installed have a drone at cruising speed. Read our warranty on our web site.

2. There is nothing to be confused about, it is very easy. Our X-pipe promotes a better way to balance the exhaust gas. This gives a better flow enhancing performance. You have to decide if you wants cats or not. In most cases the Bassani X-pipe is not street legal, you have to check with your states DMV.

The cat back is all stainless steel with high flow mufflers and 4" polished Stainless steel tips. The sound is great, louder than the previous Cobra products. Since this is after the cats, this would be smog legal.

We have not had these two products on the dyno, but E-mails we receive from customers tell us an additional 23 to 29 horse power.

3. These are bolt in systems, but you have to work. It does not fall right into place. See attachment.

4. Here is a link to our warranty on the web. http://www.bassani.com/warranty.cfm

5. Bassani builds and sells parts, we do not sell installation. There are not any certified Bassani installers, although some of our dealers do installs.

6. We only offer three parts for the '03 Cobra, you need to select which X-pipe that you want.
P/N 46032 X-pipe no cats MSRP $445.55
P/N 46033 X-pipe with cats MSRP $731.50

P/N 4603C5S cat back MSRP $1057.00

Actual selling prices are available from our dealers, listed on the web site.

7. The X-pipe replaces the factory h-pipe. There has been no reports to Bassani on the issue of the CEL turning on with these products. This has occurred when the after-market cat is not recognized by the Ford ECU during an intrusive test.

I think you should pick up some publications to learn more about your car and how it works. You don't have to be technical, just to get a general idea. If you have any additional questions, phone me at 714-630-1821 Monday to Thursday. 7AM to 5PM Pacific time.

jumpincactus

Established Member
the above post was what a Bassani salesperson sent me after I asked a few questions. Note the price of the Aft cat system. that is parts only no install

jumpincactus

Established Member
PS I live in Wa state and got quoted today 920.00 for a magnaflow and X pipe for this price that includes installation

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by jumpincactus
PS I live in Wa state and got quoted today 920.00 for a magnaflow and X pipe for this price that includes installation
That's a good deal.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
> That's pricey [$827.52]. Exhaust was $740 delivered to my door.

Yeah, I know. Through a group buy right? A little while back, I posted a thread directed towards the 2nd run guys regarding a MagnaFlow group buy. No replies. So I went off on my own...

Last edited:

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by ox03
> That's pricey [$827.52]. Exhaust was $740 delivered to my door.

Yeah, I know. Through a group buy right? A little while back, I posted a thread directed towards the 2nd run guys regarding a MagnaFlow group buy. No replies. So I went off on my own...
No. That-->$1589 installed<-- is pricey.

Users who are viewing this thread