Help me choose a kickass head unit

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
okay so I recently purchased an 06CZ06 but the bitch has a shitty ass radio. Please help me choose something double din that is kickass. I’d like to stay with alpine or pioneer? I have YouTube red but i understand it doesn’t work because of videos. CarPlay only works with Apple Music... whatever..

I need a good radio that can stream and is badass. The corvette forums are snotty bastards and I can’t count on them. Hook a brotha up with a some advice. Thank you!

Zemedici

Established Member
I’ve got a pioneer unit that i never installed in the cobra I’d let go cheap, lemme find it real quick, out to the garage i go

01Jes

Established Member
I’ve got a pioneer unit that i never installed in the cobra I’d let go cheap, lemme find it real quick, out to the garage i go
Shoot me a part number brotha. I’m down to entertain what you got

bullitt2735

Established Member
Kenwoods new head units > pretty much everyone else in my opinion. One big reason is that they use capacitive touchscreens like your phone instead of the horrible resistive type. (I've also found kenwood to be brighter and more responsive than the competitors that do use capacitive touchscreens) Mine is two years old and I've had ZERO issues with it, both android auto and apple carplay have worked flawlessy. Options like you can install a radar detector into it and have it display your radar and other car info (maestro plug in module) The ones that just came out this year are wireless android auto and wireless car play compatible but I'm not sure if the update has been released yet but it will be.

Coiled03

Established Member
Kenwoods new head units > pretty much everyone else in my opinion. One big reason is that they use capacitive touchscreens like your phone instead of the horrible resistive type. (I've also found kenwood to be brighter and more responsive than the competitors that do use capacitive touchscreens) Mine is two years old and I've had ZERO issues with it, both android auto and apple carplay have worked flawlessy. Options like you can install a radar detector into it and have it display your radar and other car info (maestro plug in module) The ones that just came out this year are wireless android auto and wireless car play compatible but I'm not sure if the update has been released yet but it will be.

Kenwood? For realz? Back in the day they made....err....less than desirable products.

01Jes

Established Member
I wanna believe it was this one

Pioneer AVH-1300NEX Double DIN Apple CarPlay Car Stereo (AVH1300NEX)

Still looking for it lolol when I find it I will verify!
All good bro. I’m also shopping and tryin to decide what suit my likin
Pioneer AVH-2300NEX here. Very nice unit for $350 and has Apple carplay and Android auto. Easy to use and the font is very nice looking.

Pioneer AVH-2300NEX Double DIN Apple CarPlay, Android Auto Stereo (AVH2300NEX)

Really diggin both these units and they won’t kill my wallet either. I had this alpine on my mind but at $700 damn it better rub one out for me. Not including wire harness and back up camera etc. Only thing I didn’t like about the alpine is no phone and the alpine is just a radio. I want satalite radio and have a good radio all around. Not just rely on my iPhone. I have to watch hella vids to see all the pros and cons. Appreciate the suggestion I’m gonna check out the demos and vids on the ones posted here
Alpine iLX-107

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Love that this thing has a volume knob

Yep. Touch screen works really well too. It's not a shiny screen so glare isn't bad either. Carplay and AAuto works well. Boots quick, relatively easy going. When it does have a derp moment and gets hung up at all, it reboots itself relatively quickly. For the price, it's hard to beat.

streetassasin

Welcome to Gaptown, TX
Established Member
Pioneer nex series is the way to go, I had a 4000nex in my old f150 and it was a tank, if I was to replace the radio in my c6z it'd be with a 440nex

scott_0

Established Member
the Pioneer Nex units are legit! I have a 8000 in my Grand Cherokee, great head unit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bglf83

Established Member
Pioneer 2440NEX with Maestro in my 2015 VW Jetta TDI. It works well. I use Android Auto.

I prefer the Sony because of the matt finish and volume knob but it did not have HD Radio and it did not work with Maestro.

Goindeafonmtx

Established Member
Pioneer AVH-2300NEX here. Very nice unit for $350 and has Apple carplay and Android auto. Easy to use and the font is very nice looking.

Pioneer AVH-2300NEX Double DIN Apple CarPlay, Android Auto Stereo (AVH2300NEX)

Just put this head unit in my dad’s 2008 C6. Nice unit. I included a bad picture. You can see where I removed the cigarette lighter socket and replaced with a usb outlet that runs to the back of the head unit. I also ran front and rear cameras, and tied into the factory satellite radio antenna( so no ugly aftermarket antenna).
3c77e49647bf787bfb3f60594d272625.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread