Help me choose a vehicle

Got Torque

well do yah?
Established Member
I've got my mind set on something but am open to suggestions, here are some of the criteria:

Will not be a DD, just a toy. Not looking to mod much as this will be a transition car to what I really want in a few years time.
Must be 2010 (possibly 2013) or newer.
Prefer German brand but will consider others.
Must be a drivers car, relatively decent on fuel, weight down around 3200 lbs, coupe or convertible (spyder), $55k roughly, manual trans or DCT style auto but a good one.
I'd like it to have a lot of tech features, sport modes, start/stop, etc.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
If this is a transition car only, I'd really recommend just not getting one. The money you spend on this can go towards the car you really want, making the time period for that car shorter.

Got Torque

well do yah?
Established Member

A little too hardcore for pleasure driving on the streets imo but good suggestion as I never considered a Lotus.

What is it that you want in a few years?

Realistically the new Audi RS5 depending on which route Audi takes with the new model (diet, turbo engine).

Have looked at an e92 M3 but not all that thrilled, heard they aren't that good on fuel, gas guzzler tax charged when new. New model is out and these will depreciate pretty good now. Plus I couldn't drive it to work, wouldn't look good for me!

Got Torque

well do yah?
Established Member
Thought about waiting but would really like to have a vehicle to enjoy now, plus if I really end up enjoying it I would put off getting something else. Nothing is for certain, can't wait forever.

Last edited:

paluka21

Established Member
C6 Z06, used of course. Fits most if not all of your criteria, except being German. Buy a 'kraut smelling air freshener, and wa-la; German car!

Got Torque

well do yah?
Established Member
C6 Z06, used of course. Fits most if not all of your criteria, except being German. Buy a 'kraut smelling air freshener, and wa-la; German car!

Lol. I don't want another American car and am really not a fan of the interior on the C6.

S5 is a possibility, even thought about an S4. Just not sure if they would be as fun as other choices.

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
I know you don't want another American car but why not get a used c6 zo6 for mid 30's drive it for a few years and sell it for what you bought it for

Got Torque

well do yah?
Established Member
These are what I am considering right now, 2013+ (981) Boxster S or Cayman S. I'd like to add the Tech Art packages to either as illustrated in the pics but that can wait. These pretty much tick off every box and get rave reviews. I couldn't stand the old models as they were quite feminine but Porsche did an outstanding job on the new ones imo.

2a.jpg

Techart-Porsche-Cayman-1.jpg

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
Lol. I don't want another American car and am really not a fan of the interior on the C6.

S5 is a possibility, even thought about an S4. Just not sure if they would be as fun as other choices.

What about a c7?

and I personally love the new s4s. I drove one last year I think it was and it was a blast. drove a avant several years back and also a blast. hands down the dd I would get for the money

Sick03Vert

Banned
If you're between a Boxster and a Cayman, go Cayman. They look better and aren't considered the "bottom rung" Porsche, IF that matters to you.

If not....I'd still go Cayman. :thumbsup:

SC Heaven

Red Whine
Established Member
Alfa 4C. Light, fast, sexy as hell (IMO). Couldn't find one with the US Spec headlights, which look much nicer.

16-2015-alfa-romeo-4c-fd-1.jpg

Alternatively.. Jaguar F-Type. Also meets all of your criteria.

7157908DC983BA5C697A467F3B202E.jpg

Although the Jag may be outside of your budget depending on options.

Got Torque

well do yah?
Established Member
What about a c7?

and I personally love the new s4s. I drove one last year I think it was and it was a blast. drove a avant several years back and also a blast. hands down the dd I would get for the money

I really don't want an American product this time around. Also still not sold on the back end of it.
I agree for a DD an S4 would be ideal, actually I would even lean more toward a SQ5, almost the same package but a bit more power and an 8sp auto in a SUV. I've driven all three and I would honestly take the SQ5 for the ultimate DD.

If you're between a Boxster and a Cayman, go Cayman. They look better and aren't considered the "bottom rung" Porsche, IF that matters to you.

If not....I'd still go Cayman. :thumbsup:

Doesn't really matter to me, I like the option of having the Boxster for nice weather as it will be just a fun car. I wanted a "top rung" 991 GT3 but look at the issues it is having! Perhaps down the road.

Alfa 4C. Light, fast, sexy as hell (IMO). Couldn't find one with the US Spec headlights, which look much nicer.

16-2015-alfa-romeo-4c-fd-1.jpg

Alternatively.. Jaguar F-Type. Also meets all of your criteria.

7157908DC983BA5C697A467F3B202E.jpg

Although the Jag may be outside of your budget depending on options.

4C will be sold for above MSRP imo as supply is going to be far and few between. It doesn't interest me other than perhaps flipping one if demand is really going to be there.
The F Type is gorgeous but I wouldn't want the entry model and I think even the V6 S model starts around $77k so it is far more than what I want to spend.

Users who are viewing this thread