Help me choose my next car...

Never_Enough

Established Member
Did some more driving today. First, a 2017 F-Type w/the blown 6 banger b/c no local V8 S. It'd take some getting used to looking out the small rear window & those blindspots, oof. I was very impressed with the interior. Even the headliner was leather. Had power adjustable side bolsters on the seats which I love & miss from my previous BMW. That stuff is a big deal for twigs like me that slide around in just about all seats. :D I like the interior layout and thought the center HVAC vents going into the dash when not in use was cool, but would rather not have that as it's just another thing to break. When resting my hand on the shifter (Automatic) I felt like it might break off in my hand. Obviously, I am exaggerating, but only to get my point across. Overall, I really like it. I'd only buy the V8 S, though. I wish it had cooled seats, though.

Next, I went to Chapman Dodge in Horsham to check out a Charger Hellcat. I was there Saturday, but no one ever helped me so I left. To be fair, they were super busy. I should not have gone back. They refused a Hellcat test drive giving the usual everyone wants them 0 miles. Well, the car did not have 0 miles on it so :rofl: I went to their Ford dealer years ago to check out a GT500 (I drove up in a new CTS-V I had for extended test drive) and they refused a drive as well. **** that family of dealerships.

Then I was off to check out a 2017 RS3. Oh man, super fun to drive. No longer considering an S3 thanks to this thing. Same interior, of course. So my same issue with the dash stands. Way too plain and baron IMO. They should have at least leather wrapped something there. S3 has power seats, but RS3 has manual seats. WTF? Not a deal breaker as you adjust em once & forget it. It was super fun to drive.

Finally, off to check out another S550 Mustang, 2016 C7 Stingray & 392 Challenger. I have driven C7s before, but it has been a while. I didn't even bother driving the Mustang after sitting in the C7. This one did not have the competition seats, but still held me well. I was surprised. Of course, I'd rather have competition seats. Dare I say I felt at home driving the C7. After owning 2 C6 Vettes, maybe I'm just a Vette guy. C7 owners, how is the stock Bose system? If you had/have a C6 as well, please chime in. We all know the stock C6 Bose system is hot garbage. I'm HOPING that is NOT the case in the C7. I like my tunes, I like bass & I like it loud. I was hoping that my decision would be easy & I would just fall in love with something I can daily drive all year. Ugh!

Then I drove a new 392 Challenger w/the auto trans. Holy hell, you know you are in a land yacht. From a dig she wants to light the tires up. Punch it from a highway roll, you feel all the weight. I'm sure the extra 200 HP of the Hellcat solves that. With that said, if driving a HC Charger feels the same as driving the Challenger, I think I'm out. I was afraid I was gonna whack the curb when I parked it in an end spot. For my driving style, I think I need some more nimble. Anyone know if the Charger feels as big as the Challenger?

Dodge salesman was telling me they sold their Demon for $125k & he agreed that there are much better cars for $125k. We also talked about all the videos of the Demon getting gapped. It was fun.

I've got to give another M4 a chance as I think the one I drove either had stereo issues or I missed some settings.

They also have a Trackhawk for $90k if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• 20180528_113655.jpg
    20180528_113655.jpg
    288.5 KB · Views: 102
  • 20180528_122435.jpg
    20180528_122435.jpg
    452.3 KB · Views: 139
  • 20180528_132459.jpg
    20180528_132459.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 109
  • 20180528_133800.jpg
    20180528_133800.jpg
    303.5 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Then I was off to check out a 2017 RS3. Oh man, super fun to drive. No longer considering an S3 thanks to this thing. Same interior, of course. So my same issue with the dash stands. Way too plain and baron IMO. They should have at leather leather wrapped something there. S3 has power seats, but RS3 has manual seats. WTF? Not a deal breaker as you adjust em once & forget it. It was super fun to drive.
You're welcome. lol

shelbygirl144

Established Member
The audio in the C7 is decent but I would say the Harmon Kardon in the BMW is better, I had the M3 and never liked the trans in it, smg , the 15 and up auto trans in the C7 is said to hold 800 plus , I put 890 to the tire on a 14 C7 no problems allot of fun, lol

Never_Enough

Established Member
The audio in the C7 is decent but I would say the Harmon Kardon in the BMW is better, I had the M3 and never liked the trans in it, smg , the 15 and up auto trans in the C7 is said to hold 800 plus , I put 890 to the tire on a 14 C7 no problems allot of fun, lol
I assume the HK was an extra option over the Logic 7 in the 2015+ cars then?

GM Nitemare

Established Member
Mr. Enough, with a $40k budget. You should stop looking at cars that will kill you come repair time. We have had several Subaru's in our household. You could buy a new one for your budget, just sayin'

Never_Enough

Established Member
Mr. Enough, with a $40k budget. You should stop looking at cars that will kill you come repair time. We have had several Subaru's in our household. You could buy a new one for your budget, just sayin'
I can go over $40k. I'm just cheap. :D
Good luck with your Subaru. I'll steer clear. They do nothing for me.

I just emailed dealers for Hellcat lease prices & about to do the same for a orange C7. ;)

Never_Enough

Established Member
LOL @ this asshole dealer on the Hellcat lease.

Ok, When you get all of your offers together bring them here and I'll beat them on the same MSRP. You're buying a very expensive vehicle and I will not do it over email or the phone.
Previous Email(s)
Date: 5/29/2018 3:05:03 PM

Subject: Re: Cherry Hill Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram
Look, I've emailed several dealers. Best price wins. I don't have time for games.
=============================
On Tue, May 29, 2018 at 2:55 PM, Von Chreiman at Cherry Hill Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram <[email protected]> wrote:
Cherry Hill Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram

What did your local dealership say? I can't work numbers on a car I don't have and I'm not interested in helping you buy a car from your local dealer.
Date: 5/29/2018 2:38:58 PM
Subject: Re: Cherry Hill Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram
Please provide the pricing via email. I'm not driving 3 hours for no reason.
===========================
On Tue, May 29, 2018 at 2:33 PM, Von Chreiman at Cherry Hill Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram <[email protected]> wrote:
Cherry Hill Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram

Hi Tom,
We will be here today tomorrow and Thursday 9-9pm for the last 3 days of the month. My managers will be more than happy to build and price out the exact Plum Crazy Charger Hellcat you want in the showroom. Please let me know which day and time work best for you.

Never_Enough

Established Member
Another clown dealer

Unfortunately I can not give number over email or text. We do need for you to either pick out a stock number or make it into the dealership to speak with my locate manager so he can find you this specific vehicle! I am in internet sales so I am not authorized to give number out that is above my pay grade, I am only able to confirm if the vehicle is here and make appointments! What I can do is set you up with an appointment to make it into our dealership to talk with my locate manager about finding you this vehicle Are you available this week?
Date: 5/29/2018 2:17:02 PM
Subject: Re: Turnersville Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM

No price = no sale

On Tue, May 29, 2018 at 2:08 PM, Skyler Byrd at Turnersville Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM <[email protected]> wrote:
Turnersville Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM

Hi Tom,

My name is Skyler with Turnersville Dodge! I would like to first thank you for you interest in our vehicles here at Turnersville Dodge! Unfortunately I can not provide you with our best price for the vehicle until I have a stock number and we also do not give number over email or text. Do you have time to stop into our dealership this week, so my locate manager can find the specific vehicle you are looking to get into? We would really like opportunity to help get you into the this vehicle at a great price! Do you have a number I can have my manager reach out to you on? Look forward to speaking with you!

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Can’t say I blame any of these dealers.

It’s almost like they know you’re a tire kicker before you even show up.

Buy something already dude, wow. You remind me of my wife trying to decide on a pair of shoes.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Shut it. You gonna push me to RS3 over C7 now? LOL
HA HAAAAAAAAAAA
No way bro. I'll always take the C7 over the RS3, but the RS3 is pretty bad ass. Either way it's a WIN-WIN! lol

I made a small pro and con list to help myself, but clearly it has not. I'm insane View attachment 1490572
Dude, I do the same thing. We're both looney tunes. lol
Mostly between a brand new C7Z07 and a brand new Trackhawk.

Never_Enough

Established Member
HA HAAAAAAAAAAA
No way bro. I'll always take the C7 over the RS3, but the RS3 is pretty bad ass. Either way it's a WIN-WIN! lol

Dude, I do the same thing. We're both looney tunes. lol
Mostly between a brand new C7Z07 and a brand new Trackhawk.
C7 no question ya fool. Unless you need it as a DD all year ;)

Never_Enough

Established Member
Can’t say I blame any of these dealers.

It’s almost like they know you’re a tire kicker before you even show up.

Buy something already dude, wow. You remind me of my wife trying to decide on a pair of shoes.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Tire kicker = ready to buy? Yea, ok. If one of these dopes offered the $500ish a month many folks have gotten, I'd lease one this week. Thanks for playing!

Users who are viewing this thread