Votes: 9 56.3%
  • NGK T7ix

Votes: 7 43.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nighthawk756

Who? Me??
Established Member
My mods are in my sig. I'm pushing 15 lbs. of boost.

I know I want NGK Iridiums but can't figure out whether I should get the 6's or 7's. I've searched and done alot of reading but it still varies between these two and gap suggestions on both vary also.

So I decided to do a poll to get a better consensus for my power/boost level. And please eveyone post gaps for their suggested plug.

Thanks...

Last edited:

SpectorV

Established Member
The terminator forum NEEDs a huge thread on spark plugs ... we really really do.... I hear all kinds of crap. Most say on 14psi~ you need the 6's but... thats just what I have heard.

palehorse

Established Member
Not sure why you think you need the iridums. NGK TR6 are adequate for what you have going and they are like 2 bucks a piece so you can change them as often as you see fit.

nighthawk756

Who? Me??
Established Member
Not sure why you think you need the iridums. NGK TR6 are adequate for what you have going and they are like 2 bucks a piece so you can change them as often as you see fit.

Because alot of people say they have rough idle with the regular TR6's. Just going off what I've read...and I've done alot of it here about this subject, the consensus is iridium with no rough idle. But once it gets to the iridiums, it's sporatic between the 6's and 7's and even more sporatic with what gap to use.

JedWele

aka "boostfiend"
Established Member
Generally speaking you want to go with the coldest plug without fouling. I have used the tr7ix on stock boost up untill recently did a 2.93 and never had any fouling issues. I would go that route for the added protection.

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
Because alot of people say they have rough idle with the regular TR6's. Just going off what I've read...and I've done alot of it here about this subject, the consensus is iridium with no rough idle. But once it gets to the iridiums, it's sporatic between the 6's and 7's and even more sporatic with what gap to use.

I have the TR6 coppers and love them. They are cheap and start/idle fine. Call your tuner and see what you should gap them at.. It is different for each tune

nighthawk756

Who? Me??
Established Member
Thanks for the opinions guys. Now I'm just as confused. Just when I thought I had it partially figured out I found out that I don't. Grrrrr...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I believe a majority use the regular NGK copper plugs because they're cheap and they work. Especially if you're in the habit of changing them regularly. Some go so far as to change their plugs with every oil change. Me? I always preferred iridium plugs. I used Densos exclusively (pre-ported Eaton and post-ported Eaton) and never had a problem. However, the NGK iridiums are a bit heavier duty and less prone to damage. So my recommendation would be NGK TR7ix plugs. Either NGK plug will work fine IMO.

nighthawk756

Who? Me??
Established Member
I believe a majority use the regular NGK copper plugs because they're cheap and they work. Especially if you're in the habit of changing them regularly. Some go so far as to change their plugs with every oil change. Me? I always preferred iridium plugs. I used Densos exclusively (pre-ported Eaton and post-ported Eaton) and never had a problem. However, the NGK iridiums are a bit heavier duty and less prone to damage. So my recommendation would be NGK TR7ix plugs. Either NGK plug will work fine IMO.

Thanks Bob. What type gap were you using??

Users who are viewing this thread