• 2012 A6 3.0T

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 10 9.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HoustonGT

Established Member
Well, the time has come to get myself in another vehicle and replace the Speed6 with sometime a bit more luxury and grunt. I've been blessed with a nice move career-wise, which is also accompanied by a car allowance, so I've decided to get back into modding and really enjoying my hobby (got rid of the 01 Cobra a while back).

I've narrowed down the list to the following vehicles (staying at $40-42k max) and need to stick with a 4-door for my profession (sales), but seem to change my mind almost on a daily basis. Keep in mind that gas mileage is also not a major concern. Anyways, I figured I'd let the fine folks of SVTP chime in and give their expert opinions so here we go lol:

2010-2011 CTS-V Sedan (auto, Recaros, etc)

This was my first and favorite choice as it basically has anything you'd ever want out of a luxury sports sedan and can easily hit 600rwhp with simple bolt-ons while still being completely reliable. Only downside is that the interior is not as nice as the other two options with the use of some cheap plastics and plenty of rattles.

2009-2010 C63 AMG

I never really considered this car until I realized just how quick they can be with a simple tune and exhaust. To me, these things just sound mean and it doesn't hurt to have all the luxury in the world while also enjoying a solid 500rwhp. Only major concern is reliability and maintenance on this German beast.

2012 Audi A6 3.0T

I'd be giving up a considerable amount of power by going with the A6, but for some reason I don't think i would mind much with the styling and interior of the car. Bolt-on's would also not be an issue and I could do a simple intake, pulley, and exhaust swap when I get bored. Just like the Benz, I am slightly worried about reliability, especially if I choose to mod and void the warranty.

Thoughts or opinions on other options I might be leaving out?

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Of the three C63 hands down.

My first suggestion was going to be an E55 until I read your post. Assuming you need something a little newer for clients. AMG's are reliable and you can't be the power/comfort/quality combo.

openaccount

Established Member
A sales position and you want to show up in one of these cars? I would think any of these would be really excessive for a current or potential customer to see.

coposrv

Established Member
If you have a car allowance? Buy a pre owned 3series. my office has an outside sales rep and he bought an A5 2 years ago. The ****ing idiot has put 1 billion miles on it and hates it now. It's worth nearly nothing and he still has 3 years of payments.

91GT

Established Member
From what I understand is that C63's are really really loud with exhaust. If being professional around clients is a concern I would scratch exhaust off of a list of mods for the Benz.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
A sales position and you want to show up in one of these cars? I would think any of these would be really excessive for a current or potential customer to see.

Would it be better he show up in a Geo Metro?

He never said what field he is in, he may entertain big clients. I would wonder if I had a salesman show up in some cheap econo box, trying to sell me a high dollar product/service. Shows he's bad at his job or can't handle his money.

OP I change my vote to a CTS-V. Clients love squeaks and rattles. :lol1:

SVT_4_me

Established Member
c63 amg for sure. if you sit in both you will really appreciate the quality of the benz. the cts-v feels cheap inside...

Never_Enough

Established Member

He never said what field he is in, he may entertain big clients. I would wonder if I had a salesman show up in some cheap econo box, trying to sell me a high dollar product/service. Shows he's bad at his job or can't handle his money.

Or that he just has a beater to put miles on? Guy on the Corvette Forum has a Viper & daily drives a beater Saturn. Guess I sucked at my job when I drove my beater Sable & left the C6 at home.

Don't judge a book by its cover.

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
the V for sure if you want to mod. as little as $3k bucks will get you 600rwhp and mid 11s

openaccount

Established Member

How do you get Geo metro from saying a CTS-V or C63 is excessive?

Even with a high dollar sales job those cars would likely be too much. An allowance is usually based off of a target car that the company normally would give as a lease. Most will usually be between a Ford fusion/escape/taurus(low-high), and the allowance priced accordingly. Keep in mind that even though this is "his" car it is actually paid for by the company and they will treat it as such. Buying a used 40k car just to put and additional 100k miles on it in a few years does not make much finacial sense. Not to mention having price increase conversations with customers is bad enough without them knowing your driving a luxury sports sedean.

The highest range car I have ever seen on an allowance was for the Global VP of Sales with a medical equipment company and even he only had an Infiniti SUV.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread