Votes: 37 75.5%
  • TF wheels/posi race port

Votes: 12 24.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheDarkness03

MOAR DOTS!!!
Established Member
so i have some extra spending money for the cobra. im really torn between getting a 2.3 whipple OR some true forged wheels for the car. my goal for the car is to eventually touch a 10 second 1/4 mile, but at the same time, true forged chicanes (or the new rs tens) have been calling my name :??:

now i was thinking, if i bought the wheels, maybe i could just get my blower ported by posi instead of the whipple since it's soooo much cheaper (yes i know i'll still have to purchase all supporting mods). but im not sure if i'll wish i had just gone whipple instead and just saved the money :??: yeah i know, quite the dilemma, huh? lol i just cant make up my damn mind!!! :fm:

wjk

Established Member
Stock wheels are perfect if you ask me. Get the whipple for sure!

VADEi2

DAl2K FOl2CE
Established Member
I went the POSI port which was great btw. But had some extra cash and picked up a whipple. I've bought my part of the suspension and still need to pick up the rest though. Whipple my install should be done by next Friday if all the parts come in.

cobracide

Established Member
10 seconds the easy way is TS. If that's your goal, don't waste your time on a port unless you are stuck on the Eaton. It's possible to get 10's on a ported Eaton but you have to be a pretty good driver and have everything dialed in.

black 10th vert

Established Member
Well, as someone that had this same choice to make recently, I opted to go with the TF Chicanes. I already had the polished stage 5, so I figured that I would get the look that I really wanted on the outside, while still having a respectable power level. Since I will already have all the supporting mods in place, I will just grab a Whipple down the road when the right deal comes along - no biggie. Once you see the quality of the TF wheels in person, it will probably make your decision easier, but it really depends how you plan to use the car. In the past, I have learned that having much bigger power does not always make for a faster, or more fun car.

TheDarkness03

MOAR DOTS!!!
Established Member
Well, as someone that had this same choice to make recently, I opted to go with the TF Chicanes. I already had the polished stage 5, so I figured that I would get the look that I really wanted on the outside, while still having a respectable power level. Since I will already have all the supporting mods in place, I will just grab a Whipple down the road when the right deal comes along - no biggie. Once you see the quality of the TF wheels in person, it will probably make your decision easier, but it really depends how you plan to use the car. In the past, I have learned that having much bigger power does not always make for a faster, or more fun car.

i've seen true forged wheels in person and i absolutely love them. the quality and look is amazing! i think my biggest problem is deciding if i'll be happy or not with the power gains from just a port. i dont wanna do the port and wheels and hate myself for not going whipple sooner. im running a 2.76 upper right now and have kinda grown out of it, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread