Help me lower my Rear correctly Please

500 Blue

Established Member
I have done a few searches looking for information on suspension modifications. What I really just want to do is lower my rear to make it even with the front. However I am not against lowering the entire car if I can end up with an even stance.

So to achieve this with minimal cost will some Steeda springs and a Steeda adj. Panhard bar? The Steeda's springs says they Lowers the vehicle approx 1.2 inches front, 1.5 inches rear.

Will this give me an even stance?

Also will I need to add adj. Camber/Caster plates to keep my car driving correctly or will the adj. panhard bar be enough?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Kevin

Leonard 95

Established Member
You won't need camber/caster plates. When I lowered mine, I did not install the adjustable panhard bar. My rear end looks centered to me, but it may be a 1/4 to 1/8 inch difference.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
FRPP springs and Steeda adj panhard rod here. May as well ditch the heavy, shot-filled panhard rod while you are under there.

Spawn

mmjax.com webmaster
Established Member
Just about any of the springs out there will level the car. If you want you can get the camber bolts but I think you will find that you really dont need them.
The rear will shift just a tiny bit and a Panhard rod will keep thing perfectly even its a cheep mod and worth it if you want to enhance the ride.

500 Blue

Established Member
Thanks for the information. This is what I was hoping to hear.

Another question is I am about to buy 20x9 Razors with 255/35 up front and 295/30 rears. Will this cause clearance problems?

R1Lello

Established Member
Thanks for the information. This is what I was hoping to hear.

Another question is I am about to buy 20x9 Razors with 255/35 up front and 295/30 rears. Will this cause clearance problems?

Make sure the razors you buy have the 6.5 backspace, not the 6.0 which are wrong (will stick out a 1/2" more and look stupid)

500 Blue

Established Member
After talking with a few educated sellers and a few member on here my Wheel tire combo will be taking this route. I hope it will fit/look great.

Front: 24mm offset with 6" backspace (255/35)
Rear: 40mm offset with 6.5 backspace (295/30)

From my understand going with the rear set up should tuck the tire in nicely and have no overhang.

I am just trying to ensure when I do this and lower my rear 1.5 inches with the Steeda springs I will have no problems.

LOL, its like building a puzzle trying to ensure all my pieces will fit!

Cheers,
Kevin

cobra1718

Established Member
After talking with a few educated sellers and a few member on here my Wheel tire combo will be taking this route. I hope it will fit/look great.

From my understand going with the rear set up should tuck the tire in nicely and have no overhang.

I am just trying to ensure when I do this and lower my rear 1.5 inches with the Steeda springs I will have no problems.

Cheers,
Kevin
perfect I am not sure that Steeda sells just the rear spring. I sent you a PM with info on the BMR springs that I used

500 Blue

Established Member
Thanks cobra1718 for not only helping me find the correct wheel/tire combo for my car but also for helping me with suspension info. I'm looking forward to getting on this on order!

R1Lello

Established Member

Cheers,Kevin

Think about this........why a six inch front backspace when stock they are 7.1 all around on the stock 9.5 inch wheels. Make no sense, I believe you should go 6.5 all around as you're buying 9 inch wide all around. NO ???

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
I have done a few searches looking for information on suspension modifications. What I really just want to do is lower my rear to make it even with the front. However I am not against lowering the entire car if I can end up with an even stance.

So to achieve this with minimal cost will some Steeda springs and a Steeda adj. Panhard bar? The Steeda's springs says they Lowers the vehicle approx 1.2 inches front, 1.5 inches rear.

Will this give me an even stance?

Also will I need to add adj. Camber/Caster plates to keep my car driving correctly or will the adj. panhard bar be enough?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Kevin

Local dealer just did back springs (GT500) only (FRPP.)
I was surprsied to see how level it came out. I think they only come set of 4, but oh well. Save the fronts

Daddys GT500

Established Member
Local dealer just did back springs (GT500) only (FRPP.)
I was surprsied to see how level it came out. I think they only come set of 4, but oh well. Save the fronts

Pics..before...after???

Did you change the rear shocks???

Which FRPP springs?

Really interested in doing this, as there is no way I can drop the front, as the front end would not last a week on L.A. streets. Thanks

que4dog

Established Member
If you just lower the rear the car will look better but it will look great if you lower the front and rear. I have the steeda springs all the way around and I love it. I only lowered the rear first but ended up buying the front springs which really made a big difference.

09Troublemaker

Established Member
Pics..before...after???

Did you change the rear shocks???

Which FRPP springs?

Really interested in doing this, as there is no way I can drop the front, as the front end would not last a week on L.A. streets. Thanks

sorry, wasn't my car. I just happen to be at the dealer on other business
and seen it

cobra1718

Established Member
Think about this........why a six inch front backspace when stock they are 7.1 all around on the stock 9.5 inch wheels. Make no sense, I believe you should go 6.5 all around as you're buying 9 inch wide all around. NO ???
because the wheel at 40 offset looks much better than the 24 offset. The tire using the 24 offset sticks out .50-.75 past the fender. I have had both offsets on my car believe me the 40 offset on the rear is the way to go. Check out any wheels that are 10"+ the rear are 40-45 offset. this is just my educated opinion:beer:

Last edited:

09Troublemaker

Established Member
because the wheel at 40 offset looks much better than the 24 offset. The tire sticks out .50-.75 past the fender. I have had both offsets on my car believe me the 40 offset on the rear is the way to go. Check out any wheels that are 10"+ the rear are 40-45 offset. this is just my educated opinion:beer:

If I understand this, your saying its better to have the wheel come out past the fender? Seems you would have rubbing issues?

cobra1718

Established Member
If I understand this, your saying its better to have the wheel come out past the fender? Seems you would have rubbing issues?
no I guess I have problems explaining myself. The 24 offset stuck the tire past the fender. So I bought 40 offset to tuck it in. I will never have rubbing issues and will still have an inch or half to go to the inside/ OH I fixed my earlier post haha

Last edited:

09Troublemaker

Established Member
no I guess I have problems explaining myself. The 24 offset stuck the tire past the fender. So I bought 40 offset to tuck it in. I will never have rubbing issues and will still have an inch or half to go to the inside/ OH I fixed my earlier post haha

lol..I thought I was going crazy..Glad you mention the fix..

Thanks for the clarification..

Users who are viewing this thread