Help me pick my seats!

Tickle

Established Member
I'm about to order some TMI 03-04 cobra seats for my CW vert with black interior.

I'm going to do black on dark charcoal.

The question is, do I go custom with white stitching or standard black stitching. I got the white stitching idea from a terminator owner.

Help me pick, white or black stitching:

4929DB66-B39C-491D-A08B-773D47E71B84.gif

F5165C47-FC7A-4AE5-96C1-4FEC33FD08F0.jpg

8E70120E-FF36-48CF-A688-48292784F80B.gif

BA036170-E0E5-44E2-AA2F-AA40116337CC.gif

Black stitching:

C2FC8F85-980D-481D-9A91-C0616616C1FB.gif

912A36D4-BE30-48DD-B149-BDBDACB9D751.jpg

Lzr96Snake

burning up in speed
Established Member
I think the white stitching looks killer! Especially the white cobra. The black just blends too much imo.

pauls86svo

Established Member
The white stitching looks awesome, I definitely agree with Lzr96Snake that you should go with that. It's not that the all black seats look bad, it's just with the white stitching accent looks a lot better IMO.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
white stitching! and i'd also be curious to hear your thoughts on installing the covers when you're done

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
The white stitching looks awesome, I definitely agree with Lzr96Snake that you should go with that. It's not that the all black seats look bad, it's just with the white stitching accent looks a lot better IMO.

Havertown? I'm right around the corner from you!!

Tickle

Established Member
I'm paying a shop to install them. I don't want to mess them up especially the rear which I hear is a bitch

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
I'm paying a shop to install them. I don't want to mess them up especially the rear which I hear is a bitch

I don't blame you. In that case I'd be curious to hear how much they charge you :)

Tickle

Established Member
I don't blame you. In that case I'd be curious to hear how much they charge you :)

Quote is $300. I think its fair for me to not have to worry about it. Plus they may resolve a convertible top padding issue I have.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Quote is $300. I think its fair for me to not have to worry about it. Plus they may resolve a convertible top padding issue I have.

That sounds very reasonable - I doubt I could find a local shop that wouldn't charge an arm and a leg here in the NE.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
The white stitching is leaps and bounds nicer than the black stitching. Carry it through the rest of the car (handbrake and shift boot) and it would look great.

Tickle

Established Member
Ive ordered the white stitching seats and a matching shift boot. I cant wait!

Waylon @ TMI has been awesome through the process, I cant say enough about how helpful he has been. Another nod to Modify My Stang that helped with the custom order.

If you have any doubt about TMI or their quality, ask Waylon for samples. Their vinyl is better than the factory leather, not hard to be better but it is so much nicer. These seats cant get here fast enough!

marshall_cobra

Established Member
Im in the process of wanting to redo my seats as well with TMI's kits. its just so expensive and i can't make my mind up on what materials i want to use.Did you go vinyl and unisuade?

Tickle

Established Member
Im in the process of wanting to redo my seats as well with TMI's kits. its just so expensive and i can't make my mind up on what materials i want to use.Did you go vinyl and unisuade?

I went with vinyl and unisuede. Talk to Waylon at TMI and he will send you free samples of any material they use. The vinyl is actually softer than the leather, and definitely better quality than the leather ford used in our cars. Another thing that sold me was that the only parts of 03 seats that are actually leather are the bolster inserts. The whole rear seat is vinyl. For the extra money, you aren't getting much leather and there could be slight mismatches with the vinyl. Plus vinyl is easier to maintain.

Talk to Waylon and he will help with any question--just PM TMIProducts. I had the same issues with materials and couldn't pull the trigger. Once I saw what white stitching looked like and I felt the samples, I was sold.

marshall_cobra

Established Member
I've been in contact with him and recently just asked for the materials. i should be receiving some in the coming weeks! and i like the white stiching but i also kinda like the green stitched cobra emblem. They are going in my bright atlantic blue cobra. Do you think a Blue stitched cobra emblem would look good on the dark charcoal ? I usually just go with the standard look, but something different might look good. opinions anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread