Help me pick my seats!

JustinG60

Terminatorless : (
Established Member
i think my question is more appropriate in this thread if that's cool. everyone it telling me to give up on wanting to recover my seats and go with a nice set of Sparco, Corbeau, ect... but the idea of black seats with saddle interior does not sit well with me.

so you mentioned you went with vinyl over leather because their vinyl was better than Ford's OEM leather. not surprised, but i ask (not in a downgrading way at all because it's effecting my decision), was the leather not used because of the price or because it wasn't twice the cost nice? I'm hesitant to spend over $800 on leather covers when i still need foam and a driver side power base needing fixing. now for the $400-ish plus foam i would really consider it

Tickle

Established Member
I went with vinyl for a few reasons:
1. I liked the feel of it compared to the sample of the leather TMI gave me. Much softer. It felt better than any Ford Leather I have felt including what was on the stock seats
2. The only part of the seat that is leather is the side bolsters, the entire rear seat is vinyl regardless of what you order. Not much actual leather, even in the stock termi seats.
3. Easier to maintain vinyl and it will look new for a long time.
4. No matching issues between the front seat vinyl and the bolster leathers, though i have no doubt TMI would do a great job.

If I honestly thought the leather would have been a better way to go, I would have done it. It wasnt a money decision. I would have picked vinyl over leather if they were the same price.

If you havent already, have Waylon @ TMI send you samples. It will help, it sealed the deal for me.

Tickle

Established Member
Oh, and I would do the terminator seats of you can. The added bolster support and the way the suede holds you in the seat changes the ride of the car. No sliding around in corners. Thats the best part of them IMO.

JustinG60

Established Member
I went with vinyl for a few reasons:
1. I liked the feel of it compared to the sample of the leather TMI gave me. Much softer. It felt better than any Ford Leather I have felt including what was on the stock seats
2. The only part of the seat that is leather is the side bolsters, the entire rear seat is vinyl regardless of what you order. Not much actual leather, even in the stock termi seats.
3. Easier to maintain vinyl and it will look new for a long time.
4. No matching issues between the front seat vinyl and the bolster leathers, though i have no doubt TMI would do a great job.

If I honestly thought the leather would have been a better way to go, I would have done it. It wasnt a money decision. I would have picked vinyl over leather if they were the same price.

If you havent already, have Waylon @ TMI send you samples. It will help, it sealed the deal for me.

seriously, thank you so much for the response! pretty much everything i was looking to know, SUPER helpful! so thanks again!

Oh, and I would do the terminator seats of you can. The added bolster support and the way the suede holds you in the seat changes the ride of the car. No sliding around in corners. Thats the best part of them IMO.

i have no real interests in going with Terminator seats though... because i don't think i want to pay them all kinds of extra money to make a custom saddle Termi seat cover with tan suede centers. it would be awesome but i just don't think it would be financially viable. it would look AMAZING but the thought of the price tag would hurt my soul i think haha!

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
seriously, thank you so much for the response! pretty much everything i was looking to know, SUPER helpful! so thanks again!

i have no real interests in going with Terminator seats though... because i don't think i want to pay them all kinds of extra money to make a custom saddle Termi seat cover with tan suede centers. it would be awesome but i just don't think it would be financially viable. it would look AMAZING but the thought of the price tag would hurt my soul i think haha!
I don't know man I think it's worth it. Sitting in my stock 97 seats feels like I'm sitting in a giant bean bag compared to the support that that I owe 3 Cobra seats give me

JustinG60

Established Member
yeah... i just emailed them about possibly getting saddle bolsters with parchment inserts. i did enjoy my seats in my old Terminator. if the price difference isn't too ridiculous i may have to just pull the trigger on that haha!

if not i may do black with parchment centers but i would have to do front and rears, not just the fronts like i want to

Tickle

Established Member
Glad to help and glad to support a great product like TMI. Waylon is a good dude that will go out of his way to answer every question you have.

If you do order a custom set, you will need to go through someone like Modify my Stang. It was painless and everything came out EXACTLY as I ordered it.

I waffled over the decision for a while and damn I am so glad I got them. It transformed my car and the feel on the road. Plus they look like they were meant to be there.

Users who are viewing this thread