Help me pick... SVT Contour or SVT Focus

gomach1

5.0hh
Established Member
Ok so ive had to SVTC... and i just sold my previous and highly regret it. I now have a 95 SHO that i wont be keeping for much longer. So once i get rid of it i either want to get back in a SVTC or i was thinking about going to the SVTF, but ive never had one.

Looking for some input from both sides as ive only owned the contour, and figured this forum would be a good place to ask...

Thanks guys:beer:

TVLA147

Established Member
I be going with the focus... great handling, fun car. A kid down the street from me has a black one with a bunch of suspension, intake, exhaust, huge brakes, etc. Its a blast and I would definitely get that over the contour.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
For some reason I've always had trouble reconciling "SVT" with either car. Not knocking it, though. There are a lot of avid fans of the SVT Focus. More so than the SVT Contour. And at least with the SVT versions you're getting a bit more features wise, in addition to owning a more limited edition car. IMO since you have already owned a Contour, if you liked it a lot then get another one. If you're up in the air, then try to test drive an SVT Focus and see what you think. They're entirely different cars so you should be able to decide which one appeals to you more. I guess if it were me I'd lean towards the SVT Focus. By the way, I remember back in 2003-2004 when NMRA had a Focus Frenzy class at their events. That's how popular the SVT Focus was. Best of luck with your decision.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
do you have the MTX or ATX 95 SHO? (If MTX how does it compare to the SVT Contour you had?)

as far as a SVTC or SVTF, that's a decision that I can't advise you on, since I've not driven either and only ridden once in a 5 door SVTF, which I though was slow compared to the S2000 I had at the time.

gomach1

5.0hh
Established Member
I have an 95 ATX. But my dad has had 5 SHOs and 3 being MTXs.

Going from a CSVT to the SHO was a complete change. I really love the contour the longer im away from it. Even though its a 2.5l compared to the SHOs 3.0/.2l the contour was just a better car in everyway, handled amazingly, great interior and just newer. SHOs are alot of matinence where as the contour is easy to work on and if the motor ever goes you can swap a 3l in for cheap and itll last you.

I think ive made my decision... Dont get me wrong the SHO is a great car.

Users who are viewing this thread