Help me plan a cruise

Evenflow

Established Member
I think I am going to take Norwegian but am open to other cruise lines as well.

Where is a good place to go? I would like to stay around the Atlantic.

Bermuda/Carribean/Bahamas?

Where for a 7 days cruise?

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
Cruises.com , I just got back from a 5 day Western Caribbean cruise last week. I booked with Carnival, because it was what was recomended to me.

Fire Pig

Established Member
Do not do Carnival Bahamas...I learned I was better off just flying to Bahamas and hanging out in Atlantis and Nassau the whole time.

The actual Carnival Pride was horrible.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
do not book carnival... they are cheap for a reason

Celebrity Cruises or Royal Caribbean (same company, with celebrity being the more upscale) are probably the best... We've been on about 6 cruises between the two...

hb712

Established Member
We took a 7 day Western Caribbean through Carnival for our honeymoon in September. The ship was nice, although the service was not quite up to what I paid for.

Grand Cayman - Awesome place with a great beach. Go to Hell if you go there. You should also remember that their currency is stronger than ours, so food and drinks will be expensive.
Isla Roatan - Absolutely beautiful, unless you look at any of the "homes" along the way to the beach. The port is incredible. If I got to go back, I would go to Tabyana Beach again. The only real negative here is that Honduras is a Malaria zone.
Belize - We didn't do a whole lot here. We went to the eco park and did a horseback ride through the jungle, then hung out at the pool.
Cozumel - This is a good port to party at. We did an ATV tour which was a blast.

The wife and I are looking at possibly doing another cruise for our anniversary. I think we'll try Royal Caribbean this time. Like I said, I didn't feel I got what I paid for in terms of service with Carnival.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Carnival is the white trash cruise line. They have lots of fights and thefts on board and a lot of low rent people looking to get over.

I prefer Royal Caribbean.

usaf_eagle

Established Member
I'll be going on a 7-day cruise to the western caribbean on the freedom of the seas (Royal Caribbean) next month. I was on the Princess Caribbean five years ago but have heard nothing but good things about Royal Caribbean cruises.

SpectorV

Established Member
Not sure if its this way on all cruises but sign up for the off the boat activities as soon as you can either online or on the boat else they fill up fast it seems. (the good ones)

Fire Pig

Established Member
Not sure if its this way on all cruises but sign up for the off the boat activities as soon as you can either online or on the boat else they fill up fast it seems. (the good ones)

This!

I waited till the last minute and was lucky enough and barely got to swim with the dolphins in Freeport, they were sold out but some couple cancelled so I got their spot.

Another thing with Carnival....the picture taking is a huge money maker for them, and soda purchases. Don't fall victim to neither save your money.

I had a top grand suite and let me tell you...that crap cabin had the nerve to have a tiny a$$ TV with a tape player....you would think after years they would have upgraded to flat screen plasmas or DVD players WTF???

I felt we spent way too much time on the ocean and not in Bahamas, i didn't wanna leave Atlantis before you know it your back on that crap boat.

hb712

Established Member
This!

I waited till the last minute and was lucky enough and barely got to swim with the dolphins in Freeport, they were sold out but some couple cancelled so I got their spot.

Another thing with Carnival....the picture taking is a huge money maker for them, and soda purchases. Don't fall victim to neither save your money.

I had a top grand suite and let me tell you...that crap cabin had the nerve to have a tiny a$$ TV with a tape player....you would think after years they would have upgraded to flat screen plasmas or DVD players WTF???

I felt we spent way too much time on the ocean and not in Bahamas, i didn't wanna leave Atlantis before you know it your back on that crap boat.
That did suck. We were in a penthouse suite with the tiny little tv.

TGS2

Dr.Gonzo
Established Member
I'll be leaving on a cruise out of Miami this October on RCCL and headed to Key West and the Bahamas. I've only been on one other cruise before (Carnival).

I've been told RC is a bit higher end, is this true?

I can tell anyone going to Montego Bay, say on the F'ing boat while it's docked and save your time (and maybe your life). That place is a hole.

chrisheltra

Established Member
If your looking for a fun ship to cruise on I would recommend The Freedom of the Seas or Liberty of the Seas by Royal Caribbean. We always get balcony rooms which are well worth the extra cost and all the rooms have flat screen LCD's in the rooms. Overall its one of the more spacious cabins Ive ever stayed in.

Freedom Class - Royal Caribbean International

Last edited:

txyaloo

Established Member
This!

:lol: They have small TV's because they don't want people holed up in their rooms. The ship can't make money if people don't leave their rooms.

As for the last part of your post, I agree. Cruising is ok 1 or 2 times, but I much prefer to fly somewhere, spend 6-7 days on the beach snorkling and diving versus spending 3 days in port and 4 days on the damn ocean. You can do a week all inclusive to Cancun or Cozumel including top shelf alcohol for under $1000 a person.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
join the U.S. NAVY....cruise all around the world....for free!

TGS2

Dr.Gonzo
Established Member
The wife and I are going with several other couples. Friends of ours invited a bunch of us to go on their honeymoon with them, so the cruise and destination are set.

Anyone go on any excursions off of the Majesty of the Seas?

Nukem1040

Established Member
I am going in Dec and going to try to get a discount through USAA. But meanwhile, im watching these posts to see. Keep them coming!

Users who are viewing this thread