Help me spend money

LavaSlide

Established Member
History I have a 2012 GT mostly stock. A few months ago something went bad in the valve train at 53k miles. Ford replaced the engine under the power train warranty. They put a new not rebuilt 2014 crate engine in. I now have 12k miles on it and I want boost.

Here are the two I am looking at. Please let me know your opinions and success stories.

2011-2014 MUSTANG GT 624 HP SUPERCHARGER BLACK | Part Details for M-6066-MGT624D | Ford Performance Parts
https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6066-MGT624D

OR

Mustang 5.0 (2011) Supercharger Kit
http://www.kennebell.net/KBWebsite/SC_pg/Mustang 5.0 (2011)/layouts/Mustang2011.htm

Thank you for suggestions

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Derek@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Knowing what your goals are will be important, but what I will recommend is if you are considering the Ford Performance Whipple blower, I would skip the 2.3L and look at the Whipple 2.9L. The 2.9L works very very well on the 5.0L and will have better charge temps, will make more power at the same boost level and has the ability to carry to to 1000hp+ with a motor that has the right parts. The new front feed 2.9L's blowers make sick power. We have one on our 2015 and at 16 psi the car makes over 850rwhp on the stock motor with just American Racing exhaust and went 9.7@150, pulls like a freight train.

Basically what I'm getting at is the 2.9L is a great blower for a stock motor and also gives you the ability to grow... A LOT.

Hit us up if you have any other questions or want to discuss options.

Thanks

LavaSlide

Established Member
Blazer I will PM you when I get a break.

Just want to get the car in the 9 range but don't drag race to often. Mostly like to road coarse type stuff.
I will start an aluminator fund for future wants.

Users who are viewing this thread