Help me with Challenger, N.A guys are funny

noco5.0

Established Member
Helpful, thanks. What was difference in insurance between HC and SP?

It's hard to say I have Safeco for my daily drivers. They were charging me about 150 a month for the Hellcat a little less for the Scat Pack. I got sick of them jacking up the premium so went with a collector policy from Grundy. It is 745 a year with a stated value of 50k. I have a work car and a couple of other vehicles for daily driver duties so the Hellcat sits in the garage except for nice weekends and an occasional trip to the track.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
It's hard to say I have Safeco for my daily drivers. They were charging me about 150 a month for the Hellcat a little less for the Scat Pack. I got sick of them jacking up the premium so went with a collector policy from Grundy. It is 745 a year with a stated value of 50k. I have a work car and a couple of other vehicles for daily driver duties so the Hellcat sits in the garage except for nice weekends and an occasional trip to the track.
What are the coverage clauses with regard to going to the track? Im heavily considering switching to Grundy or other insurances like them.

Dusten

Established Member
What are the coverage clauses with regard to going to the track? Im heavily considering switching to Grundy or other insurances like them.

Unless its track specific insurance I dont know a policy that covers you.

That said, grundys coverage is clearly spelled out on their site.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Unless its track specific insurance I dont know a policy that covers you.

That said, grundys coverage is clearly spelled out on their site.
I wouldnt expect them to cover a track incident, but I wouldnt want them to cancel the policy if they knew the car occasionally went to the drag strip.

Dusten

Established Member
I wouldnt expect them to cover a track incident, but I wouldnt want them to cancel the policy if they knew the car occasionally went to the drag strip.
Not that I know of. It just states you're not covered.

Grundy covers modification value as well?
They will cover an agreed value. My lightning is valued at 25 or 30k

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm on my second srt jeep. I had a wk1 and now a wk2. I absolutely love these things. Fast as hell for a truck, comfortable, all wheel drive, look great and is probably the most practical thing you could want minus the mpg.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member

Yes this is true with most insurance companies to where if you want the mods covered you just tell them you want to up the value on said vehicle and so pay the difference. My dad did this with his 2016 C7 Vette and I did with my 2005 Vette. To cover $30,000 I paid about $75 more a year for that declared value.

Dusten

Established Member
Yes this is true with most insurance companies to where if you want the mods covered you just tell them you want to up the value on said vehicle and so pay the difference. My dad did this with his 2016 C7 Vette and I did with my 2005 Vette. To cover $30,000 I paid about $75 more a year for that declared value.
Collectors insurance is different though.

jrandy

Established Member

It's actually not that bad at all. When I had my 67, I had a declared value policy on it through Hagerty. The difference an additional $10,000 in value was very minimal.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Collectors insurance is different though.

Yes Hagerty and Grundy are different, Where you both come to an agreed value and what and how you use said collector vehicle, it can not be a DD and you have to have a DD vehicle to be insured by either. I was just pointing out you can do it with Regular Ins in most cases also, was all.

Dusten

Established Member
Yes Hagerty and Grundy are different, Where you both come to an agreed value and what and how you use said collector vehicle, it can not be a DD and you have to have a DD vehicle to be insured by either. I was just pointing out you can do it with Regular Ins in most cases also, was all.

To a degree. My insurance wanted 3k a year to insure my lightning. And if nitrous is an add on, forget it.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Looking at HCs and it is ridiculous that they put 275s in the back on these. So dumb. Switching over to 305 888s or 555s will be the first thing I do if I get one.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
YUP!
I have had Grundy for almost 4 years now. I pay $435 a year with an agreed value of 43k on the car.
With Grundy, you MUST have a daily driver, and you MUST have the vehicle insured with Grundy in a garage. Unlimited mileage. Not sure about being able to drive to stores and leaving the vehicle parked unattended, but driving around is fine as are car shows and car meets.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Looking at HCs and it is ridiculous that they put 275s in the back on these. So dumb. Switching over to 305 888s or 555s will be the first thing I do if I get one.
Fuel Economy and fit. Widebody cars came to be because they can't fit a 315 back there.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
2015 scats are <30?
Like 126 on cars.com for under 30k.

Lowest price is a Challenger SCAT at $21k with 106k miles.

Lowest mileage is a Charger Daytona 392 with 2,900 private sale for $29,500.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Fuel Economy and fit. Widebody cars came to be because they can't fit a 315 back there.

So you think there are a lot of HC buyers that are in at 16 mpg but not buying if it gets 15 mpg? I don't.

Users who are viewing this thread