Help me with Challenger, N.A guys are funny

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
For DD do you think I will regret choosing 392 over Hellcat? I have a built gt500 already. I can afford the Hellcat but not sure I need the additional power for street driving. But maybe I would rather have it and not use it?

I can Guarantee you if you can afford a Hellcat, but choose to go with a 392............. YOU WILL REGRET IT.

EX5U.gif

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I would just buy the Hellcat.

Can always drive with the black key to limit to 500 hp if you truly wanted to.

But c'mon...

The Trackhawk seems like an epic failure not because it's not a cool vehicle but they priced it completely wrong. Even with big discounts they are still pushing 80k+. I would love to own a Trackhawk, but just can't see spending that kind of money on one. Between my loaded Explorer Sport and Challenger Hellcat I don't have much more in them than a Trackhawk even with the big discounts. Can't wait until they take the huge depreciation hit though I will definitely pick up a used one in a few years to go with my Hellcat.

The 392 SRT's got into the low 80's fully loaded, base was 67k.

The trackhawk is 86k msrp, or it was in 18.

From Jeep's perspective, and extra 232 hp, stronger transmission and beefier driveline for an extra 19k isn't that crazy.

IMO the price was right, as it was set as the American counterpart, HP wise, to the German Performance SUVs.
Faster and cheaper but the tradeoff was the interior and qc/qa.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
I guess I have the black key for when I am on my period.

Honestly the 5.7 that I drove impressed me. Hauled ass getting on the freeway, lit the tires up with TC off. Exhaust sounded GREAT for a stocker. I looked up the specs and was surprised how slow they are (~13.5) - it felt faster.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I guess I have the black key for when I am on my period.

Honestly the 5.7 that I drove impressed me. Hauled ass getting on the freeway, lit the tires up with TC off. Exhaust sounded GREAT for a stocker. I looked up the specs and was surprised how slow they are (~13.5) - it felt faster.

I had an R/T Challenger as a rental for work while traveling about a year ago. Ill agree that trans was soooooo fun to drive. Interior was nice and the car carried its weight very well. Didnt feel like it was over 4k lbs.

Opposite of you though, I thought the 5.7 was a little under-powered.

Zemedici

Established Member
Idk Dom, my old lady’s Durango with the 5.7 RIPS. She loves it.

Of course she’s never had anything fast to compare to.....:D hahahahaha

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Almost bought a Challenger 392 this last weekend, decided the engine was just to limited, if I wanted to turn it up down the line. There are some smoking deals with the rebates they have on them now.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
For DD do you think I will regret choosing 392 over Hellcat? I have a built gt500 already. I can afford the Hellcat but not sure I need the additional power for street driving. But maybe I would rather have it and not use it?
@Klaus,........you're a car guy, right?!?!?! lol
Hellcat!!!

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
There was a Hellcat with auto trans used not far away. It was a grey car they wrapped blue. Mildly tempting, but man is that grey a butt ugly color.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
There was a Hellcat with auto trans used not far away. It was a grey car they wrapped blue. Mildly tempting, but man is that grey a butt ugly color.
Was it Destroyer Grey?
If it was, that's an awesome looking color on that car, especially with the dual carbon fiber stripes.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
i suppose the guy bought it because that was the only color he could buy and then wrapped it to hide the ugly!

I have seen a couple that are cheap but have weird graphics on them. Is it possible to peel these off?

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I have seen a couple that are cheap but have weird graphics on them. Is it possible to peel these off?

Have seen a few that had the demon graphic, kinda in your face, but depending on color some haven't looked half bad.

Users who are viewing this thread