Help me!!

Slowbra21

Established Member
Drivetrain issue!

Ok so i have an 03 cobra with a solid axle swap (bought the car like this) and the stock t-56 6 speed i noticed when banging gears/ racing there would be like a looooong like 1 sec gap between shifts like its delayed to grab the next gear even though i had the clutch out and was on the gas already. idk if that makes sense.. this is what happens.... redline - off gas - on clutch - new gear - clutch out - on gas 1 second gap then it engages. Anyone know what causes that unaturally long delay?

Last edited:

SVT_Troy

Established Member
does it seem more like the clutch is slipping and then grabs? Also when is the last itme you readjusted your clutch cable? If it isnt adjusted right it could cause problems.

Slowbra21

Established Member
It doesnt seem like it slips because it holds power through out the rpms. I have adjusted the clutch using the owners manual instructions but i dont have a clutchquadrant or firewall adjuster so it probably didnt help.

Last edited:

Slowbra21

Established Member
I looked into the pprv (positive pressure relief valve) and this fits my problem exactly. Feels like the engine cuts out for a split second right after i engage a new gear. It only occurs if im shifting at high rpms or redline. i guess my fuel pumps are being maxed out with the whipple.

Users who are viewing this thread