Help Mechanic replaced FUEL SYSTEM NOW CAR WON'T RUN!!

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Please help, as I had a mechanic who has absolutely ruined my car. According to him he installed 2 Walbro 450's and bypassed the FPDM with the wiring that Lund has stated is not a normal way to wire. According to the mechanic the car runs great just the boost drops during a pull for data logging but the car doesn't actually drive at all. It was towed from his shop and it wouldn't crank when I received it. I used a jump box and it will crank but, if you touch the gas it will choke itself out. I am not sure what he has done and I am looking for any help. PLEASE HELP!!! What should I look for, what can I check etc.
Well that’s a bummer of a first post.
Definitely want to get it to an experienced Mustang shop. Looks like you’re in Georgia, well the man in Georgia himself has replied in this thread.
Probably a good idea to try and call Curt and Injected Engineering and just get the car there.
I don’t want to hear about cost, because in the long run, you’ll be money ahead to have it done right.
-J

Killersnake12

Well that’s a bummer of a first post.
Definitely want to get it to an experienced Mustang shop. Looks like you’re in Georgia, well the man in Georgia himself has replied in this thread.
Probably a good idea to try and call Curt and Injected Engineering and just get the car there.
I don’t want to hear about cost, because in the long run, you’ll be money ahead to have it done right.
-J

I had sent my car there originally when I first purchased it for a dyno and rear end noise. After spending over 2k $850 for a stock tune no dyno! Then the rest in theories no repairs to the rear end, 8 months after that I had a mechanic born and raised from Detroit look at my car and diagnosed what the problem was in 10 minutes and it us as smooth as butter. He is looking at the car today if he can't figure out what the previous mechanic rigged then I will send it out because Lund thinks the guy hurt the motor. If that is the case then I am dropping a MMR motor and moving

Imatk

Established Member
Sorry to hear that happened to you. I, like others have written in this thread, tend to do all the work I can on my car.

Some things I don't mess with simply because I don't have a lift and don't feel like screwing with pulling a transmission on my back, things like that. When that occurs I have a guy I trust that I take the car to... but even then it took a long time to find someone who was competent and honest.

It DOES help knowing how to turn wrenches yourself when finding a decent mechanic. Especially if they know you aren't a complete novice when it comes to your car.

I BTW started to do my own work after a shop (which is now out of business because.... they sucked ) charged me ridiculous prices for shoddy work and had my car for over a YEAR.

That kind of thing will spur your ass into action :)

I would also like to know why you went with different pumps. Were you running out of fuel on the other pumps?

For this car replacing a pump is pretty easy really since you can access them in the back seat. On my Fox you have to drop the tank which is a bit more of a pain.

But if it wasn't a plug-n-play type deal you probably still could handle it yourself with a call to Lund.

Good luck and I hope it all turns out well for you.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I had sent my car there originally when I first purchased it for a dyno and rear end noise. After spending over 2k $850 for a stock tune no dyno! Then the rest in theories no repairs to the rear end, 8 months after that I had a mechanic born and raised from Detroit look at my car and diagnosed what the problem was in 10 minutes and it us as smooth as butter. He is looking at the car today if he can't figure out what the previous mechanic rigged then I will send it out because Lund thinks the guy hurt the motor. If that is the case then I am dropping a MMR motor and moving
Good sir, you'd be much better served with a JDM built engine.

Users who are viewing this thread