Help!!! Need help troubleshooting CEL codes re: VCT Actuators, O2 heaters, Evap......

Doug1227

Established Member
I picked up a CEL indicating codes -
P010 Intake(A) Camshaft Position Actuator Circuit Open Bank 1
P013 Exhaust (B) Camshaft Position Actuator Circuit Open Bank 1
P020 Intake(A) Camshaft Position Actuator Circuit Open Bank 2
P023 Exhaust (B) Camshaft Position Actuator Circuit Open Bank 2
P0135 O2 Heater Circuit Bank 1, Sensor 1

P0155 O2 Heater Circuit Bank 2, Sensor 1
P0443 Evaporative Emission System Purge Control Valve Circuit

I've logged it and am not showing any activity. I literally did a log Wednesday night and all was well. Drove it home and it sat for a day. Then this morning it had the CEL and codes. I reset them and they came back almost immediately. Is this a fuse and if so, which one? Are the actuators located at the front or rear of the engine. I've seen what's on the front, but I think that might just be sensors, not actuators. Are all of these systems on the same fuse perhaps? The immediate need is to identify the fuse, the second would be to identify where the fault is located.

VERY UNUSAL and need help getting this resolved as soon as possible. The car is a 2012 Mustang GT. I've checked with the tuner and he hasn't changed anything that would have affected this.

Doug1227

Established Member
Ok, here’s what I found so far. All of those CEL items share a common fuse under the hood (#49). I pulled it and it was popped. I replaced it for now and it didn’t immediately pop again. I’ll do some more visual inspection to see if I can figure out which of the items caused it to pop in the first place. Thanks for your help!

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Nothing in that ckt should really pop a fuse, I would look for a chaff in the harness if it happens again. Or you could start wiggling some wires around and see if it pops.

Doug1227

Established Member
Ya never know with turbo cars and heat....I've got the hotside very well wrapped and insulated, so it's definitely making me scratch my head. I'll keep an eye on it and keep looking for trouble signs. Hell, the heat shields that protect the coils kinda put the wiring coming off the top of the sensors in a little bind, so it may have arc'd there or something. I'll keep looking. Hopefully it will be obvious when I see it.

Users who are viewing this thread