Help... Need to ship parts???

kirst8404

Been Their Done That
Established Member
I need to know the best way to ship a set of wheels/tires to someone. What is the best and cheapest way to ship them out?

I have them all wrapped and protected, the same way i recieved them. I'm going to a UPS store today to check, but I was wondering if there is a better alternative.

throttle jockey

Stock Block 11 Sec. Club
Established Member
Shipping cost definately thwarts the sale of wheels often times. I shipped a set of wheels to Hawaii using USPS for much less than UPS or FedEx wanted. IIRC, UPS would have been a total of $100+ more than what it ended up costing using UPS. Also, USPS shipping to Hawaii cost the same as if they were shipped within the 48 continental states... UPS and FedEx cost more to ship outside the continental U.S.

If you go with USPS have them mailed 4th Class (Parcel Post). Its the cheapest method, but isn't the fastest. I was quoted 12 days delivery time to Hawaii, but it took almost a month for them to make it where they were going.

kirst8404

Been Their Done That
Established Member
Thanks for the response.

I checked with UPS,USPS,DHL, and FedEx.
FedEx was the cheapest rate quote, then DHL, then UPS. USPS wont ship over 70LBS and these wheels and tires are just over.

TqMnster

Established Member
One word. GreyHound. Well.... maybe two words Hahaha but check out shipgreyhound.com or something like that. Not exactly sure what the web address is. I've heard of people sending bumpers and whole body kits for half the price of anyone else. Never needed to ship anything that big but if I did I'd try them first.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread