Help needed...."please"

Stinger2007

Established Member
Front end wobbles everytime I hit the brakes traveling more than 35mph. Brakes should be ok since they were done just last year. What else? Shimmy's pretty hard, not sure what it might be.

Ball joints?
Brakes?
??

Any ideas will be checked out this weekend. Looks like i'll be fix'n the problem myself.

Thanks in advance.

01whiteL

Established Member
Stinger2007 said:
Front end wobbles everytime I hit the brakes traveling more than 35mph. Brakes should be ok since they were done just last year. What else? Shimmy's pretty hard, not sure what it might be.

Ball joints?
Brakes?
??

Any ideas will be checked out this weekend. Looks like i'll be fix'n the problem myself.

Thanks in advance.

Might be both. I had a shake once I reached 40mph, turned out my lower ball joints were bad.

bgstew6

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
Established Member
or even the wheel bearings....when the brakes were done were the front rotors removed? If so they may not have been torqued properly or they are worn out...had a similiar issue once like that myself and it was the bearings.

Stinger2007

Established Member
roters were indeed removed, thanks. I didn't see that one coming. So I guess I can add another one to the list. Thanks guys.

That's what i needed to hear.

Stinger2007

Established Member
are these serious fixes? can they be done in a relatively short period..any special tools?

Has anyone done these fixes?

bgstew6

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
Established Member
not hard to replace wheel bearings.....parts are relatively cheap...IIRC bout 50 bucks for the front end. inner wheel seal, inner bearing, outer bearing for each side....

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
yeah sounds like warped rotors....i work for ford, and on a road test that would be the first thing i would assume....is it only when braking or driving at 40mph all the time????
if its just braking then its probably warped rotors...if all the time look at your ball joints....f150's in general are known to have shitty ball joints....

Stinger2007

Established Member
Thanks fellas....I'll add the Rotor to the list too.

Thank you guys.....I appursikate you....oops! meant appreciate ya. :)

Users who are viewing this thread