Help needed: River of fuel out of TB

dblj32774

DSG Vert
Established Member
Ok guys..... Here goes

I took car for ride today. Stopped at Harbor Freight for a few things. Car ran fine in way there. Went inside @ 20 minutes got what I want ed and came back to car. Tried to start.,. Nothing. Just crank and crank. Did that a couple times, would crank it for 5-8 seconds. I might have done that 8 times. Ok for knowledge over past 4 weeks I have done BAP install and PPRV delete. I have driven car a lot since BAP @ 1k miles. No issues. Now the PPRV was done last weekend and got @ 150 miles on it. I could hear pump kicking on and after cranking could smell gas. When tow truck arrived, guy is a gear head, we noticed fuel dripping from under IC pump area. Well we found out fuel was coming out of the Throttle Body and running down and coming out through K&N filter. But here is what is confusing to me. I have NO pressure on fuel rails..... At all. So how is fuel moving up and coming out TB? Also anybody have anything similar and know what is going on?

so I had it towed home..:bored::bored: And pulled all the plugs and none of the tips broke or such. Blew a little bit of air to get fuel out of cylinders. Letting air out. Now tips were wet. I have checked all fuses, good. Any help would be appreciated.

03' White Snake

Established Member
Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor, FRPS.

Yup exactly.

My car used to blow the FRPS under startup sometimes with a BAP. Look up the Kenne Bell burst disk. It is a small flat piece of metal with a tiny hole in it that goes in the rail under the FRPS. It softens the spike of fuel pressure on the FRPS. Worked for a few years for me before updating my fuel systems.

dblj32774

DSG Vert
Established Member
Thanks guys. Talk to a few other guys from here all saying same thing. I pulled plugs and fuel pump fuse and cranked it last night.... Got some spray. So gonna order new plugs then and FRPS. I have found $115 online. Anybody else better price on SVTP? For FRPS

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yup exactly.

My car used to blow the FRPS under startup sometimes with a BAP. Look up the Kenne Bell burst disk. It is a small flat piece of metal with a tiny hole in it that goes in the rail under the FRPS. It softens the spike of fuel pressure on the FRPS. Worked for a few years for me before updating my fuel systems.

That plate is pretty inexpensive at $19.99.

Users who are viewing this thread