Help!!! No boost!

jonb347

Established Member
So I just took out my project for the first time. Its an eaton swap. I am not making any boost? Don't know why. Its been rid of all the EGR crap. I am running a return style fox fuel system right now. Thing screams like a banshee but its not boosting! Any help would be appreciated. I swapped the vacuum port the bypass was hooked up to. Not really sure what else to check.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
if you snap the TB open by hand do you see the boost bypass valve moving?

sure your boost gauge is working right? (if it shows vacuum is it showing vacuum correctly when just idling?)

Sick SVT

Established Member
Weird that the blower would be screaming like it normally does. You sure it's not a gauge problem? Do you have a way of checking with another gauge maybe? Are you registering any boost at all? Does the gauge move from vacuum to 0 or is the gauge not moving at all?

Last edited:

specizripn

Established Member
Where did you acquire the blower? I don't know how you could be loosing all of your boost. The only thing I can think of, is either your bypass valve is faulty and just letting all of the pressure out, or theres something wrong with the blower... If the blower is whining then maybe it's just the gauge, if its not whining at all then you it may be a faulty bypass or worst case scenario the blower :(

Also, fyi if you have a stock terminator intake (with silencer) and stock upper pulley the supercharger wont whine much at all.

More information would probably be helpful. What is your entire motor setup?

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
yes the bypass is moving.

i have the boost gauge hooked up in the line that goes to the bypass valve.

a manual boost gauge has to be plumbed in to the intake to see boost. You won't get any boost from the vac lines if they are pre manifold.

Last edited:

racebronco2

Established Member
If it's fast you have boost. The bypass in closed when the engine is not runningh and at wot. Vacuum opens the bypass. It's highly unlikely it is stuck open. When our cars go into limp mode the bypass is opened and reduces power to the point it has no power.

jonb347

Established Member
this is my setup. where should i be plumbing in the boost guage? i don't see any post blower vacuum ports? there is one thats lower down on the blower that i have blocked off. not sure if thats post blower or not?
20140412_121427_zpsopasahkt.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread