help please

Speeders

Established Member
okay guys, so i let my cobra sit for about 4 days and i got in it today and while i was driving down the road i seen coolant coming out of my hood vent. so i pulled over quick turned it off and opened the hood. when i opened the hood i seen coolant everywhere around the radiator and reservoir so i thought it was leaking from the cap so i went to the part store and got some coolant and a cap. put the coolant in and the new cap turned it over let it set to normal temp so i decided to get on the road again. as i was driving the heat hand started rising again so i pulled over real quick and turned it off. so what could it be? i've checked all the hosing none of them were leaking and the reservoir is good and the cap. so why could it be? oh and as i was goin down the road my heat wasn't hot at all. thanks in advance for advice.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
You need to read young skywalker. The water in the IC system is basically boiling and spewing because it's not circulated. Cobra 101, not being a ass either.

rymax101

Established Member
Was it coming from the engine cap or the intercooler cap?

If engine, you need to properly burp the system, not just fill it and call it good.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I was going to say, if you lost a lot of coolant when it blew out everywhere, you may need to burp it and get any air bubbles out, also make sure your intercooler pump is working correctly.

Speeders

Established Member
well i thought it was coming from the cap but i replaced the cap and it said still coming out somewhere. no coolant is around the intercooler tank . what would be the best way to burp it

Speeders

Established Member
okay update. i've tried to jump the IC pump with the wire but i didn't get nothing coolant wasn't moving and i didn't hear a sound. where do i go from here

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
When you say you "put the coolant in", you did add it at the crossover tube, and not only at the reservoir cap, right? That is important.

Speeders

Established Member
no coolant was missing out of the intercooler tank. it was only missing out of the engine tank. how can i burp it? i ordered the IC pump.

Users who are viewing this thread