Help- replacement 2004 SVT Cobra emissions decal (CA emissions)

PumpkinMaster

Masterpiecepumpkins
Established Member
The underside of my hood has been painted and the decal is missing. The state referee will bounce you for a missing emissions decal. When I asked my Ford dealer about a replacement decal they just laughted- nothing older than 10 years. Checked online and didn't see any sources. --Any help would be appreciated!

NotSatisfied

Established Member
The emission sticker is the same as what I need, they have an “LTV” designation on the bottom left of the sticker- not available any where

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

cj428mach

Established Member
20230208_182811.jpg

Is this the one you need? The part number is in the lower left and an ebay auction has them for $15

Attachments

• 20230208_182811.jpg
    20230208_182811.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 60

PumpkinMaster

Masterpiecepumpkins
Established Member
I think the '04 guys (like me) are looking for this one => 4W7E-9C485-LTV
Contact FoMoCo and they do not have it. Told me to contact LMR (emailed them, but haven't heard back yet). I'm chasing some other resources and will let everyone know if I find a place to source these.

Attachments

• VECI label_2004.png
    VECI label_2004.png
    965.2 KB · Views: 57

Stage 4.6

Established Member
I had my hood painted in December, and the body shop ordered mine through Ford charged me $30 bucks, i've been waiting since, called last week and they told me should arrive in 2 weeks? I will post up if it ever shows up?

PumpkinMaster

Masterpiecepumpkins
Established Member
I had my hood painted in December, and the body shop ordered mine through Ford charged me $30 bucks, i've been waiting since, called last week and they told me should arrive in 2 weeks? I will post up if it ever shows up?
I hope you do receive it. My dealer said they only can go back 10 years. --If you get the '04 decal please scan or photograph it with high resolution and post the image. Maybe we can find someone to remake them.

PumpkinMaster

Masterpiecepumpkins
Established Member
I think the '04 guys (like me) are looking for this one => 4W7E-9C485-LTV
Contact FoMoCo and they do not have it. Told me to contact LMR (emailed them, but haven't heard back yet). I'm chasing some other resources and will let everyone know if I find a place to source these.
Update: LMR uses Jim Osborn Reproductions and neither have VECI labels for '03-04 Cobras. I encouraged JOR to consider making them (we'll see if it goes anywhere (but that will take months to get licensed through Ford, according to their rep on the call).

I'll keep digging and updating this thread as information becomes available.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
is there anything on the sticker unique to your car? Like nothing references your VIN number or anything right?

Id find a car with a sticker in good condition, use the scannable app to create a file then print it to a sticker

PumpkinMaster

Masterpiecepumpkins
Established Member
Tnx for that info. Maybe if we keep inquiring... I just sent my inquiry in and advised that we have at least a couple others also looking.

Too bad the '03 and '04 labels are different- that makes X2 the trouble to get these produced by someone.... ANYONE...

PumpkinMaster

Masterpiecepumpkins
Established Member
is there anything on the sticker unique to your car? Like nothing references your VIN number or anything right?

Id find a car with a sticker in good condition, use the scannable app to create a file then print it to a sticker
I'll offer to have my graphics guys work on that if someone can send a hi res image of the '04 VECI label.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I know it doesn't help but just another reason to say "F" CA. If they are going to require something that can be damaged or removed they should have something in place to verify it exists. I mean a damn sticker doesn't mean a vehicle is compliant if someone changed a hood or painted over it.

The equipment or lack of along with a computer or competent human should be able to determine if the car is compliant or not. Not a damn sticker.

Dumbass CA.

wckdvnm

Established Member
I know it doesn't help but just another reason to say "F" CA. If they are going to require something that can be damaged or removed they should have something in place to verify it exists. I mean a damn sticker doesn't mean a vehicle is compliant if someone changed a hood or painted over it.

The equipment or lack of along with a computer or competent human should be able to determine if the car is compliant or not. Not a damn sticker.

Dumbass CA.

Even more of a reason I wouldn’t have passed ref as the hood I have doesn’t have that sticker on it. That’s a new level of overreach

Users who are viewing this thread