Help! Sick Cobra!

Machinator

Banned
I cut a 2.0 sixty foot and ran the 1/8th in 7.88 and the really bad thing is the car only trapped 92.33. I powershifted and cut a good sixty considering the surface of the track was so cold. My car just doesnt have any topend, I have alot of mods and it should be running faster I mean for crying out loud upper pulley non ported cobras are running faster. Plus my car has miss.......crap. This sucks and I am scared of what it might mean.

Machinator

Banned
sambandit said:
What part of the country are you in and any idea of what the DA might have been?

I am in eastern NC right now, da might have been 250ft max. The car has had a slight miss at idle and it gets worse up to about 2500 rpm where I can no longer tell because the exhaust is so loud. I think mabe one of the valves is not closin all the way or mabe my tune is off or well crap mabe the car is down on compression which means I need a new motor.

TEABG

Banned
Plugs ? Gap ? Lot Of Heat In The Eaton ? Cooling Mods Besides The LFP ?
Run (1) Bottle Of Red-line Watter Wetter In The I/c With 25% Distalled Water. Run (2) Bottles Of Red-line Watter Wetter In The Raditor With 25% Distalled Watter. Plugs .38 Gap. Oil Go With Syn 5/20 Just Like The Factory Recommends. MILES ON THE CAR? PERSONALLY I WOULD GO WITH A 2.93" WITH THE LOWER YOU HAVE. RIGHT NOW YOUR GAINS ARE BEING AFFECTED WITH THE HEAT THE EATON IS GENERATING. LITTLE OVER-KILL WITH SPINNING THE EATON THAT FAST. EPICALLY IF YOU ARE CONCERENED ABOUT YOUR TOP-END LIKE YOU ARE.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I assume you are using a 1/8 mile track since you mentioned only your 1/8 time. What MPH should you be seeing in the 1/8 with your mods? I'm not familiar with 1/8 mile tracks.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
First things first....find the miss. Anything else you try and fix or find won't matter until the obvious is repaired. Check your plugs and compression. If that doesn't give you a definitive answer, then have the motor leaked. If everything still checks out, start looking at ignition and fuel. As a matter of fact, low fuel pressure would cause low trap speeds....what are you carrying as far as fuel pressure? But the pressure would have to be REALLY low to cause a miss at idle...and it really wouldn't feel like a miss..it would be more of an idle quality issue like surging and dying.

Machinator

Banned
FireRed04Vert said:
First things first....find the miss. Anything else you try and fix or find won't matter until the obvious is repaired. Check your plugs and compression. If that doesn't give you a definitive answer, then have the motor leaked. If everything still checks out, start looking at ignition and fuel. As a matter of fact, low fuel pressure would cause low trap speeds....what are you carrying as far as fuel pressure? But the pressure would have to be REALLY low to cause a miss at idle...and it really wouldn't feel like a miss..it would be more of an idle quality issue like surging and dying.

Wow I feel like a tard, I dont have a fuel pressure gauge. As a matter of fact the car does surge and die sometimes, especially after I left the track last night. Rick said that I didnt need the boostapump that I have, he said my fuel was fine, it is installed but is at the lowest setting.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread