Help With A Scratch (pic)

norrin302

Established Member
So I'm washing my new Cobra yesterday, and trying to get all the dirt out of every crevice, and what do I end up doing? ...scratching it!!! Dumb dumb dumb.. Not a scratch on it when I buy it, and I don't have it for a week and I already scratch the thing. Anyway, I was hoping someone might have some suggestions as to what I could try to fix this, or where I could take it to get it fixed (Zaxjax?). I tried Meguire's scratch fix stuff that I had, but that didn't make a dent (no pun intended). Please let me know if you can help fix my bonehead mistake...

DSC01913.gif

BlckBullitt01

Established Member
Im not an expert in scratches but if its not too deep there will be a way to remove it.

And that paint looks sick btw :rockon:

SVTsupremecy

Established Member
looks like a nasty one. I cant tell for sure but it looks like it needs atleast a good try with a rotary and a decent cutting compound...maybe even a wetsand. Does it go away when you wet it? If your fingernail catches the scratch, go get some beer because your going to need a repaint.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Do not let any 'ole body shop get ahold of it.

You're in MD; I think Zax is up there around you.

That scratch appears to be only in the top surface of the clear and will not need wetsanding or any sever compounding; should be able to knock it out in 10mins flat.

Can you catch your fingernail in it? Of course; how did you put it there?

norrin302

Established Member
Yep, I can catch my fingernail on it. I'd rather not say how I did it...pretty embarrassing to say the least. Thanks for the help guys.

norrin302

Established Member
Big thanks to Zax... I went down to his place this evening. He wasn't able to get the scratch completely out, but he definitely lightened it up quite a bit. He was nice enough to get a scratch out of my wife's Escape at the same time. Per his suggestion, I'm going to give some touch up paint a shot, see if that helps.

norrin302

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread