Help with PCM After Tranny Swap

kevin2970

NSFW302
Established Member
Hey all. Recently swapped my 6R80 for a MT82 with a lot of goodies for autox/road race purposes. I also swapped PCMs.

I know I have to to disable Passive Anti Theft to get the car started? What else needs to be done to get it to start and can a tuner do it for me?

Currently 400 miles away from the car which is at CPR but will be seeing it again in about a couple weeks and just want to have it all ready to go so I can just plug and go hopefully...

Any help is appreciated.

Sorry for the repost, accidentally put the other one in driveline/suspension.

kevin2970

NSFW302
Established Member
What if I just get a tuner to disable PATS? A friend of mine did a Cobra swap in his 01 GT and he just disabled PATS.

Flaco1

Established Member
You will need a ford IDS to reprogram everything together and also do the PATS functions.

This^^. I had my friend from ford do it for me since I went to the auto swap. Also replace my abs module because he couldn't get the module to respond so the abs and traction stayed on. After that I just loaded my tune and ready to go.

kevin2970

NSFW302
Established Member
Thanks for the response guys. I shot Lund an email about this and he got back to me very quickly on Sunday! Great guy.

Anyways, I was told that I can just switch back to my auto PCM and reflash a manual PCM code and that'll get it to work.

More advice is still welcome!

Users who are viewing this thread