Help with Viking Shock install

BadAzztt

Established Member
I recently ordered (and am trying to install) a set of double adjustable rear viking shocks part B225 on my 03 cobra IRS. The problem is the lower eyelet is considerably larger than the bolt and there is no sleeve with them. There is what appears to be a spacer that is the correct size, but it seems without a sleeve these would just get hammered. Anyone done this install? Am I missing a part?

BadAzztt

Established Member
Yes, I ordered from UPR but it shipped directly from Viking. I got in touch with Viking today and it turns out they were missing a bushing/sleeve that wasn't listed on their parts list. The B225 needs a 3/4" to 9/16" sleeve. They were good to deal with and highly apologetic. I spoke with Jake who was quick to make it right and get them shipped out. My call today should stop future issues as now it should be included in the parts bag. They come with zero instructions so make sure yours is in there or give them a call.

As you can tell from the lack of responses on here experience with them is limited. I hope to have a review from the track after the end of the week.

black-plasma

Established Member
Thanks for the update. I should get mine today or tmw and I'll be going to the track on the 2nd to test them out.

black-plasma

Established Member
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406143697.043249.jpg

These are really nice. I'm not sure I have the sleeve though. I do have the instructions.

BMR Tech

^ It does appear that you are missing parts, from the pic.

Send that pic to whoever you purchased them from, and you should get squared away.

These shocks are amazing, I ran them on my 2004 Cobra with great success.

black-plasma

Established Member
I'm excited to try them. I just called Viking and they are sending the sleeves out today. I didn't need them right away so it wasn't a big deal.

I'd be curious what settings you had the best luck with? My setup in the rear is H&R race springs and Bilstein HD shocks and now that I have a soft front setup the rear end sways pretty bad. I'm sure I'll have to try a softer spring eventually in the rear, but these shocks should help quite a bit for now. They recommend soft compression and stiff rebound, I was planning on trying the opposite thinking the stiff rebound was causing the swaying.

Last edited:

Tractionless1

Established Member
+10 clicks in from full soft rebound +5 clicks in from full soft compression is a good start, just keep in mind it's ultimately going to depend on your springs. I have Steeda Sports; however, the owner that gave me the numbers doesn't and they worked well for him too. Funny that you didn't get the bushings as I didn't get the lower mount washer's in your picture! Had to snag my own to finish the install so they didn't slip right over the bolt.

Users who are viewing this thread