Help With Wiring Up A Radar Detector

Black99L

SVT FAN!
Established Member
Guys, I've had a Cobra radar detector for several years now. (not the greatest, but it does what its supposed to) Today I pulled the connector out of the cigarette lighter and it broke. Instead of replacing the adapter, I was wondering if there was any way to hard wire it into the truck somewhere? I would love for it to turn on and off with the start and stop of the truck... Is this possible? Thanks in advance for all the help,

Kyle

stubbs

Established Member
Black99L said:
Guys, I've had a Cobra radar detector for several years now. (not the greatest, but it does what its supposed to) Today I pulled the connector out of the cigarette lighter and it broke. Instead of replacing the adapter, I was wondering if there was any way to hard wire it into the truck somewhere? I would love for it to turn on and off with the start and stop of the truck... Is this possible? Thanks in advance for all the help,

Kyle

I think that you can hard wire it into the radio, my cousin did that in his Eagle talon and I want to do to my truck to, just make sure you find a good ground.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
Beat me to it Matt!

Mine-

28850-843-19682.jpg

CCCSVT

Established Member
I made the mistake of putting velcro on the dash for mounting, (windshield mount just didn't look right), and now I have some cooked adhesive on the dash. I'll have a time getting that off now.

bluespringsbolt

Established Member
Just go to Best-Buy, Circuit City or the likes. They sell a little kit that has a fuse tap, plenty of wire and then a selection of tips for the detector. You just run the wire down the A-pillar to fuse box and tuck behind overhead trim and voila-simple. The kit in car audio I think and is designed just for that.

Black99L

SVT FAN!
Established Member
bluespringsbolt said:
Just go to Best-Buy, Circuit City or the likes. They sell a little kit that has a fuse tap, plenty of wire and then a selection of tips for the detector. You just run the wire down the A-pillar to fuse box and tuck behind overhead trim and voila-simple. The kit in car audio I think and is designed just for that.

Awesome, Thanks a lot :)

Users who are viewing this thread