Help

FordGT08

Established Member
So, in the process of changing out my supercharger belt, I found out my innovators west crank pulley was wobbling while at idle. Tightened down the bolt in center and nothing. It still wobbles. Has this happened to anyone? Does anyone know if it's the pulley or something else? My thought is, the pulley spun on the crank?..Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Its keyed to the crank so it wont spin per say. make sure you have the bolts all torqued to spec and that ALL spacers ans washers (especially the one behind the pulley bolt itself) are in. These can be accidentally left out so make sure they ALL go back on.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Lower pulley wobbling.....never seen that before but i would remove the pulley all together and reinstall and check crank snout for marring. Your crank is in severe danger if its wobbling.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
So, in the process of changing out my supercharger belt, I found out my innovators west crank pulley was wobbling while at idle. Tightened down the bolt in center and nothing. It still wobbles. Has this happened to anyone? Does anyone know if it's the pulley or something else? My thought is, the pulley spun on the crank?..Thanks in advance.

Did you buy the IW new, or used? If used, could it have been dropped in the past causing damage to it? If new, I would contact IW if you find everything else seems to be ok.

R

FordGT08

Established Member
Its keyed to the crank so it wont spin per say. make sure you have the bolts all torqued to spec and that ALL spacers ans washers (especially the one behind the pulley bolt itself) are in. These can be accidentally left out so make sure they ALL go back on.

Yeah, I was thinking the material that the crank pulley is made of is softer than that of the crank. So, it possibly dug and spun through the inside of crank?

FordGT08

Established Member
Lower pulley wobbling.....never seen that before but i would remove the pulley all together and reinstall and check crank snout for marring. Your crank is in severe danger if its wobbling.

See I was hoping is wasn't the crank. Wouldn't I really be able to tell driving if the crank was messed up?

nxhappy

Established Member
yeah that could possibly ruin your engine. Pull it off and reinstall with a new bolt, make sure it's notched to the crank properly...

Snoopy49

Established Member
I would call Innovators West (785-825-6166). It sounds like the harmonic balancer may be damaged. If you are using the stock bolt, you will need to replace it.
From their website.
The factory bolt is torque to yield and should only be used one time. Make sure to apply some red Loctite to the supplied crank bolt prior to tightening to 90 ft-lbs.

Users who are viewing this thread