Henessey suspension package

tjtucker

Established Member
Hi forum members

Does anyone know about the Hennessey Package? I have a chance to purchase a car with the kit already installed.

I did a search but I didn't find much but several post flaming Henessey. If you want to just flame Henessey please do not reply as I'm looking for some real advise. The car also has 19 inch CCW wheels with BFG G force tires and the following (taken from the Hennessey web site)...

Then this is the hot ticket for both the road and track. Built by KW for Hennessey, this Rebound and ride height adjustable coilover kit offers the best of both worlds. Constructed in aircraft grade aluminum, these low-pressure twin tube dampers are integrated with elastomeric rising rate bump stops and hi-tensile race springs to blend track carving handling characteristics with better than OEM drivability.

Lower your Mustang by 0.8 - 2.0 in. Direct bolt on.

Light weight design
Includes replacement aerospace designed rear forks
Rebound adjustable
Fixed external canister pre-loads valve train form immediate damping response
Ride height adjustable
Self centering dust boots
Rising rate elastomeric bump stops
Hi-tensile race springs
Hardened black anodized finish
Stainless steel impregnated bushings
Includes spanner wrench for height adjustment.

Thanks TJ

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
people flaming hennessy???? no!

wish i had something to offer but i have not heard of it.... i am sure someone knows though.

tjtucker

Established Member
h

Thanks for the replies.

Never heard of it.Got any pics?

I can't post a photo but if you go to the thread "any white GT 500's with after market rims" and scan the thread you will see a (white GT pictured showing the car parked on the street heading away from you with the forged CCW wheels) That is a picture of the Hennessey GT 500 with the suspension package with wheels and tires. Just like the one I'm looking at.

TJ

homel01

Established Member
The suspension is a KW. What I know about this suspension is from other cars BMW (M3) and Porsche. Is a really good suspension, if you want to autocross the car it will be close to the best, to go over it you would have to buy MOTON. I used to autocross a BMW M3 and i had a MOTON and a friend had a KW suspension. Money wise it behaves great and gives you tons of options in adjustment, closest to racing without leaving the street. My friend's car used to be behind mine a couple if seconds per lap, but was way faster than cars with H&R, Eibach. For a GT 500 it costs about 3,500$ (hennessey price), i didn't wait and bought Ford Racing. I regret the not waiting part. Check the car because if this suspension is adjusted aggressively the other suspension components will not hold to long, and/or the car will behave awful. Hennessey does not say but for the price they post on the site, I guess that the suspension must be the KW clubsport, according to KW directly it cost 3095$.
KW order in price and adjustability goes:KW Variant 1, Variant 2, Variant 3, Clubsport and after.. I think come the actual racing ones (more than $5000)

I think is a great suspension but it needs other parts like sway bars, control arms etc. The M3's and Porsche I know that have this suspension have fully or close to fully built suspensions.

CCW wheels are great I actually bought these wheels. I have them in black. Over all they remove 12lbs of the car. They use 275/35/19 front and 295/35/19 rear. I got them like 2 weeks ago and installed them in my car and i love how they work on the street. wheels are 3800 and tires are in the 1200. so it's around 5000 for tires plus shipping. I paid 300+ because i got them in black.

Last edited:

homel01

Established Member
variant3_2007.jpg
KW V3

clubsport.gif
Clubsports

Both are available for the GT500, KW V3 ($2,200) , Clubsport ($3095)

Last edited:

homel01

Established Member
Directly from KW site: regarding Clubsport
Nürburgring Nordschleife is the most popular race track for using our KW Clubsport suspension kits. High performance sports cars,
modified saloons as well as classical sport compact cars are tuned in weight, engine and wheels for their use on several race tracks.
These improvements are made for a better handling on track sport events, race taxi drives, visitor drives and equability tests particularly on the Nürburgring Nordschleife. Due to these modifications of the car some parameters are changing. Therefore, the road setups are
no longer ideal for the performance of the car. For this use we offer special clubsport kits which have been adapted to the changed requirements by changing spring and shock setup as well as the installation of racing top mounts.

• Performance setup for the racetrack
• Dampers in compression and rebound forces independently adjustable
• Use of high performance linear race springs
• Additional available with racing top mounts
• TÜV approval possible depending on the specification

00 Aggie

Its just a slow vert...
Established Member
Is this the kit that you pay $10k for, and that takes 6 months to install freshly rattle canned stock parts?

homel01

Established Member
As I previously stated. The product is good, and has great quality KW suspensions are run in all tracks around the world. It can be tuned for street and track. CCW wheels are great. I own those wheels and they re really light weight. If the car you re buying has those parts at no extra price, then you have a buy.

Dave07997S

Established Member
Another good product that you won't have to spend an arm and a leg for is the Ground Control kit. I would put them up with anyone just short of Motons.

These are really the choice of alot of people who are running E46M3's on the track.

You can choose spring rates (custom Eibach springs), spring length and the car can be corner balanced.

Here is a link.

Ground Control Suspension Systems

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread