Here it is Shelby GT

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I don't know where else to post this so here it goes. Tri-County Ford outside of Louisville, Ky. 502-241-7333. Has a new Black with Gray stripes Shelby GT for this amount.
STICKER 30,790
SHELBY PACKAGE 7,390
GAS GUZZLER 1,000
MARKET ADJ. 5,000
TOTAL PURCHASE 44,180

I don't know if this is a good deal but if anyone is interested give them a call! Although their GT500's are still going for like 12,000 over. Damn it! 5,000 over on one of them would be interesting! Again I don't know if it's worth it but there it is.

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
posi said:
I don't know where else to post this so here it goes. Tri-County Ford outside of Louisville, Ky. 502-241-7333. Has a new Black with Gray stripes Shelby GT for this amount.
STICKER 30,790
SHELBY PACKAGE 7,390
GAS GUZZLER 1,000
MARKET ADJ. 5,000
TOTAL PURCHASE 44,180

hahahahahaha yeah right. let em rot on the lots. they will not only have rebates but A & X plans will be had. this will apply to the gt500's too.

1,000 bucks gas guzzler is bullshit too

BrookhavenTuner

Established Member
44k for a Shelby GT? god damn. Arn't they just GT's with a few Ford Racing packages and a Shelby appearance kit? I have heard they are nice fun cars...but still...DAMN thought they should be going for like 35-38k or so, not 40+.

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
BrookhavenTuner said:
44k for a Shelby GT? god damn. Arn't they just GT's with a few Ford Racing packages and a Shelby appearance kit? I have heard they are nice fun cars...but still...DAMN thought they should be going for like 35-38k or so, not 40+.

+1. I would get a GT500 when the prices drops as well. 44k for a Shelby GT is :nonono:

chuckstang

Established Member
44k for a car with 320hp, solid axle, 5 speed tranny, 235 width tires...????
NO THANKS

Last edited:

JiggaStyles09

Established Member
chuckstang said:
44k for a car with 320hp, solid axle, 5 speed tranny, 235 width tires...????
NO THANKS

lol exactly, i like it, its a nice little car but not for 44k thats insane.

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
posi said:
Any opinions on the price please post.
Like the post below yours, MSRP on a GT500 would be more pleasing, for me anyway.
30k is a bit steep. Even though I didn't get the best deal in town, I paid 32K out the door for my '04. I told the dealer I would pay cash only if they paid for T&L. They did....

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
the shelby gt is a great car it just cost too much. thats what you get when you rush a car to market i guess. 38k for a no option mustang gt with ford performance parts is way out of line. 38k and you dont even get leather?:bash:

makes the mach 1 msrp look like the deal of the century at 30k. makes the mach 1 and the 03/04 mustang svt look like total theft when they were selling for 22k and 28k respectively!

price between the gt500 and a similar outfitted shelby gt at msrp looks like this 43k(gt500) and 40k(gt). with that why not go gt500? i believe ford missed thier price point with the shelby gt by at least 5k!

asperformance

Banned
I swaer, I am beginning to wonder what you guys think, A nice 03/04 Cobra is still bringing 26K to 29K depending on what you want, I have seen some bring 31 or better. And they only sold for 34K new. That was alomst 6 years ago depending on when your 03 Was built. You will not get an 07 Shelby this year for sticker, unless you know someone who knows someone. As for the Shelby G.T. I bought one, I paind 2,000 over sticker, So I guess I am stupid. Or maybe just don't care. I probabbly like it more than my G.T 500, SORRY CHUCKSTANG , I have one of each. I don't think anyone should pay more than sticker for the Shelby G.T but my wife wanted it. But I can assure you that you won't be dissipointed in the shelby g.t.

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
asperformance said:
I swaer, I am beginning to wonder what you guys think, A nice 03/04 Cobra is still bringing 26K to 29K depending on what you want, I have seen some bring 31 or better. And they only sold for 34K new. That was alomst 6 years ago depending on when your 03 Was built. You will not get an 07 Shelby this year for sticker, unless you know someone who knows someone. As for the Shelby G.T. I bought one, I paind 2,000 over sticker, So I guess I am stupid. Or maybe just don't care. I probabbly like it more than my G.T 500, SORRY CHUCKSTANG , I have one of each. I don't think anyone should pay more than sticker for the Shelby G.T but my wife wanted it. But I can assure you that you won't be dissipointed in the shelby g.t.
I must admit Terminators have held their value longer than any Mustang I can remember. Even the God-like Boss 302 and 429 didn't have the first few years resale value. It's only because of outrageous Barrett-Jackson prices that have placed the classics out of the hands of most peoples FU money. You better have a lot of FU money to buy a Boss 302, 429, '68500GTR K code.
Jeff

Last edited:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Hey ASPERFORMANCE nice to see we're on the same page this time! Congrat's on the cars. I bought my 04 redfire conbertible last year for 30 with 1,500 miles on it. Now this year I wouldn't take less than 30 at least if I was to sell it. Now it has 3,500 miles!

asperformance

Banned
I have been in the Mustang Market a long time, My 95-R is one surprise, thought it is a Basket case right now, X-race car. The 95 R is the Best buy right now, Wish I had 2, But wife won't let me buy another car wthout Air or Power windows, I do Love the Shelby G.T it has NO WHEEL hope my 500 will beat you to death. And just for a note, My shelby G.T has leather interrior. # 457.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
asperformance said:
As for the Shelby G.T. I bought one, I paind 2,000 over sticker, So I guess I am stupid. Or maybe just don't care. I probabbly like it more than my G.T 500, SORRY CHUCKSTANG , I have one of each. I don't think anyone should pay more than sticker for the Shelby G.T but my wife wanted it. But I can assure you that you won't be dissipointed in the shelby g.t.

i would buy one too if i was financially secure(steady income) and could pay for it cash. i like the look a lot more than the gt500. i had a complete plan for the shelby gt as well. after long tubes, h pipe, port/polish heads, racing cam, 14inch brakes, and brake ducts it would make one hellacious track car!;-) much better than the gt500 imo!;-)

and your getting off easy if your only paying an extra 2k today to keep the wife happy!:idea: :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread