Here we go again!!!

afchad

11 seconds to poop on!
Established Member
A few weeks ago...my truck died on me a few times (only when the truck was hot it seemed). I trouble shot it...and thought I found the problem with my IAC. I replaced it and it started right up. Well...a few days later it did it again. And took it to Ford here locally and they would check it...and nothing. I would pick it back up and a day later...it would happen again (leaving me stranded). Well...it finally died on me. Basically...was driving along coming off a stop light and ...it just died. Got an SES light...blinking theft light....and dashes on the odometer. The truck will just turn over and over and over and over. Also...I DO NOT hear the fuel pumps when I turn the key to the on position.

Take you back a bit....we had some flooding a few weeks ago and I was driving through the water and hit a few areas up past the front bumper. I felt the truck "bog" down a couple of times and then...keep on going. No biggie I thought...until it sputtered and died the first time. I found water in my MAF and Mafia extender.

Well...my truck has been sitting at Ford for the last 4 days and I am begining to think these guys are clueless They can't even tell me what is wrong. Everytime I call...it is the same thing..."were working on it". So...I drive up there and see for myself. They have some guy out in the parking lot and he is asking questions like, "man...what does this do...and what does that do"? I was like.... "Aren't YOU the tech"?

Additionally...something that is weird....IF I unplug the connector to the IAC...the fuel pumps cut on (but stay on). Then I will hear the two fuses for the pumps "clicking". Strange indeed

Anyone have any idea because these Ford techs are clueless

CHICOSVT

Established Member
+1 ask Sam see what he thinks of it and then take to Brandon ford cause from my experience they are much better at fixing stuff than any other dealer in the area.

inuswo

Hopeless SVT Fan
Established Member
I brought mine to a lincoln dealership in harvey, louisana, because all of the ford dealerships said 'we dont have any svt guys here that can work on it', on mine a few weeks back. They said the EGR was causing a flag, but couldnt tell me what the EGR did or what could 'cause the egr to throw a flag'. In fact, the only thing prominent about what they could tell me was that a cone non paper filter could 'damage my truck'. :p

I took it to a local performance shop and crossed my fingers that they werent stupid, considering I really dont know anyone in this area still even after 9 months of being here. Found the problem within an hour of dropping it off and fixed it, plus did a ton of other stuff still for cheaper than what ford wanted.

Ended up having my EGR system, upper and lower intake, intercooler, supercharger, IAC, fuel rail, and most other parts of the engine manually and chemically cleaned. I didnt really have 'problems' like your describing to begin with, but the truck came back running like the ones i remember driving off the showroom floor back when I worked for ford ;)

AZ ERIK

22's & a Whipple 4 shizzl
Established Member
Pats system take a shit? (I ask because the hot wiring with the wrong key will dash and theft light the guages, autostarts with out a programmed pats module will do this)

ECM is the only other thing I can think of unless you have a chip, which I hightly doubt but always possible.

How about your key, Dropped in water (yes I know there is no battery but if water is inside the key the coil will have a different resistance) busted or just hella beaten up?

Bootie

Established Member
I actually left my keys in my pocket and got washed a few weeks back. The remote too. Yeah, yeah, I know, stupid, but I dried them both out and have worked fine.

I would think PATS or ECM too, but surely Ford checked those.

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
With the dashes being present there MIGHT be a problem with the Instrument cluster itself. The HEC stores the PATS info. I had the same problem last week on a Navigator and it ended up being the HEC (Instrument cluster) which is the same setup as L's. The fuel pump relays tuning on with IAC valve being dissconnected sounds more like a PCM concern. :shrug: Just my $0.02.

afchad

11 seconds to poop on!
Established Member
Thanks for all the input guys. Not sure....am a bit perplexed by it all.:(

Someone is sending a PCM so I can put it in and check to see if it is that. But...I am leaning toward it being the PCM as well.

SkippyMcGee

Established Member
not to get off topic but do you have any more pics of your truck... from your sig, it looks pretty sick looking

Users who are viewing this thread