Here's the mule

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
I know it's a shitty pic because Phil Martens(he's essentially the main man or product guru for FoMoCo) is obscuring most of the car, but I find it interesting that they put this pic in the detroit news. I saw this one, another Motor City Terminator saw the same car in white, and a friend of mine saw it in red. The only thing that makes it obvious is the scoop, and you can see in the pic what I meant when I said it looked riveted on.

This is the car I saw on the road, and from a reliable source heard had the motor that is putting out the 500 ponies that will be in the current snake's successor. Of late, the same info has been seen in multiple car mags. Read into it what you will as well, but the title of the pic is fordcobra.

You can't see in the pic but this particular car had about 400 glowing LED's on the dash when I saw it, and clearly had a gauge pod with at least 2(that I saw) pods on the A-pillar. Obviously the car is blown, no surprise. You can really only see the scoop and the manufacturer numbering on the windshield here.

In the works baby...

b012-fordcobra-1204y.jpg

Last edited:

WS.6 Man

Established Member
Is has been stated in the recent Motor Trend mag that the next SVT Cobra is rumored to have the 5.4ltr S/C motor w/500HP. It should debut in '06, but not sure if it will be an '06 or '07 model.

I wonder if I should contact the Sales Manager at the Ford SVT dealer where my family and I purchased our last Fords from and try to become his buddy again. The freaking Chebby dealer where my parents and I got couple of cars from wants mark-up, on the C6, wonder how much they would want on the C6 ZO6.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
You shouldn't go to local dealers to buy cars that are in short supply in that case. If you want a C6 Z06 buy from a big dealer like Les Stanford in MI or Maxie Price. They'll ship anywhere at will charge MSRP. Same for the next Cobra. Just find the big dealers on the net and they won't charge over.

WS.6 Man

Established Member
The DBK said:
You shouldn't go to local dealers to buy cars that are in short supply in that case. If you want a C6 Z06 buy from a big dealer like Les Stanford in MI or Maxie Price. They'll ship anywhere at will charge MSRP. Same for the next Cobra. Just find the big dealers on the net and they won't charge over.

Worst case that might be my plan. California, land of mark-up.

03DOHC

Established Member
WS.6 Man said:
Worst case that might be my plan. California, land of mark-up.
Try Green Valley Ford. They don't mark up their Cobra's or L's. I ordered mine with the few options available that I wanted and got it for MSRP when everyone in CA was asking $5K-$12K over.

As for the mule, I can't wait to see what is coming. This is a great time to be into performance cars. :beer:

WS.6 Man

Established Member
03DOHC said:
Try Green Valley Ford. They don't mark up their Cobra's or L's. I ordered mine with the few options available that I wanted and got it for MSRP when everyone in CA was asking $5K-$12K over.

As for the mule, I can't wait to see what is coming. This is a great time to be into performance cars. :beer:

Are they in Northern or Southern California. Was at the local SVT dealer, they had a mark-up of $2,500.00 on the new '05 V-6 models.

03DOHC

Established Member
WS.6 Man said:
Are they in Northern or Southern California. Was at the local SVT dealer, they had a mark-up of $2,500.00 on the new '05 V-6 models.
They are in NorCal, Fairfield to be exact.

CrashOverride

Established Member
The DBK said:
I know it's a shitty pic because Phil Martens(he's essentially the main man or product guru for FoMoCo) is obscuring most of the car, but I find it interesting that they put this pic in the detroit news. I saw this one, another Motor City Terminator saw the same car in white, and a friend of mine saw it in red. The only thing that makes it obvious is the scoop, and you can see in the pic what I meant when I said it looked riveted on.

This is the car I saw on the road, and from a reliable source heard had the motor that is putting out the 500 ponies that will be in the current snake's successor. Of late, the same info has been seen in multiple car mags. Read into it what you will as well, but the title of the pic is fordcobra.

You can't see in the pic but this particular car had about 400 glowing LED's on the dash when I saw it, and clearly had a gauge pod with at least 2(that I saw) pods on the A-pillar. Obviously the car is blown, no surprise. You can really only see the scoop and the manufacturer numbering on the windshield here.

In the works baby...

b012-fordcobra-1204y.jpg

you sure it just wasn't one of the prototype Mach 1's driving around?

03snakerush

Established Member
03DOHC said:

HEY 03DOHC- By any chance could you recommend any salespeople over there to deal with for any future Cobra purchases? Dont want to get ripped again from W.C. Fords' sales staff. Thanks!
Steve

Talus

LookingThroughAWideAngle
Established Member
crispy23c said:
Some body has got to get a pic of that mule!
"SNAP THE MULE in '04!!!"
Note the subtle (hint, hint) use of colors.. ;-) ;-) ;-)

is it a treasure map? hope so cuz im broke

Users who are viewing this thread