Hesitation around 4000 rpms

Layingrubber

Established Member
Hey guys, I really need you guys expertise. I bought my cobra completely stock with 36k miles on it three months ago and it ran perfect no issues. I have added offroad x, cold air, and a catback. Recently it started hesitating at WOT in second and third. It doesn't hold back in first but when I shift into second and it hits 4000 rpms it hesitates than picks back up at 5000. I'm pretty surer he boost decreases at that point too. What could it be? I just ordered ngk tr6 plugs and I'm going to clean the MAF. Maybe new tune?

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
I'm not an expert... now that we have that out of the way...

It could be anything. Im pretty sure boost would decrease with any air, fuel or spark problem, so that may not be indicative.

First suspect to me would be plugs, coils, battery, alternator.. if those are all good, I would guess at the fuel system somewhere, and then finally start looking at air.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Hey guys, I really need you guys expertise. I bought my cobra completely stock with 36k miles on it three months ago and it ran perfect no issues. I have added offroad x, cold air, and a catback. Recently it started hesitating at WOT in second and third. It doesn't hold back in first but when I shift into second and it hits 4000 rpms it hesitates than picks back up at 5000. I'm pretty surer he boost decreases at that point too. What could it be? I just ordered ngk tr6 plugs and I'm going to clean the MAF. Maybe new tune?

I am predicting that these two things will cure your hesitation. I see that you added an intake. Was the car initially running fine with that mod? No hesitation?

Layingrubber

Established Member
I am predicting that these two things will cure your hesitation. I see that you added an intake. Was the car initially running fine with that mod? No hesitation?

yea i installed the intake about 2 months ago and its been fine up until last week.(when it got hot). im not saying thats why it started acting up but its a weird coincidence

Users who are viewing this thread