hesitation between shifts?

SBSnake

Established Member
do any of you guys have a hesitation between shifts when driving hard? ever since i bought mine it stumbles on a hard 1-2 or 2-3 shift, when i hit the gas its almost like it lays over and then picks up hard and digs well. My shop said something about a valve that keeps ga from running back into the gas tank btween shits that could cause this? :shrug: he was in a hurry when he told me about it and i didnt quite understand him.....just had the car dyno'd and it performed great so it doesnt hurt the performance or anything. Also on the stock clutch/flywheel/pressure plate if that helps any. Any help/input would be appreciated fellas :beer:

03mgmcobra

Established Member
sounds like you are describing the phenomenon that the "pprv delete" kit addresses. i just got mine from lethal last week, have not installed yet

Koval7887

Established Member
do any of you guys have a hesitation between shifts when driving hard? ever since i bought mine it stumbles on a hard 1-2 or 2-3 shift, when i hit the gas its almost like it lays over and then picks up hard and digs well. My shop said something about a valve that keeps ga from running back into the gas tank btween shits that could cause this? :shrug: he was in a hurry when he told me about it and i didnt quite understand him.....just had the car dyno'd and it performed great so it doesnt hurt the performance or anything. Also on the stock clutch/flywheel/pressure plate if that helps any. Any help/input would be appreciated fellas :beer:

My friend has mentioned something about the valve on his '03. Apparently it is there because of the return-less fuel system and I forgot how he addressed this issue...but that does sound like your problem...

03cobra283

GO BIG OR GO HOME
Established Member
Yea you need to drop the tank and delete the PPRV. I did it a while ago well worth it. That will all go away.

Blownsob

Blown Member
Established Member
pprv delete will fix it. There is a write-up in the how-to section with really good instructional video.

RoadRash

Established Member
Do a search on PPRV delete .. there is a ton of good info about how it works, etc ..

I had the hesitation really bad with the Eaton/2.8 upper only. I deleted it when I installed the Whipple and the BAP with wire upgrades. I now have no hesitation at all .. it makes a huge difference. There is a one crank delay in starting "sometimes" but not always.

rkomo

Herro, Mr. Itabashi here
Established Member
I had this really bad with the installation of the Whipple. I tried the pprv delete, but it didnt work. Had to go with two Ford GT pumps and Fore Fuel hat to hold them. Runs perfect now...

SBSnake

Established Member
thanks for the info guys, ive seen the PPRV talked about a lot on here but wasnt really sure what it was or did. Researching as we speak :read: this thing turned out to be nothing but a sexy moneypit but god you gotta love em!

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I'll say it one last time. Get with your tuners people. Mine has gotten rid of mine completely on two different occasions. Once with the Eaton and once with the Whipple.

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
I'll say it one last time. Get with your tuners people. Mine has gotten rid of mine completely on two different occasions. Once with the Eaton and once with the Whipple.

Do you know what exactly the tuner does?

What are the cons of the PPRV delete? delayed cranking sometimes? Is it easier to flow a FRPS?

jt239

Established Member
Do you know what exactly the tuner does?

What are the cons of the PPRV delete? delayed cranking sometimes? Is it easier to flow a FRPS?

+1

My tuner knows his stuff and couldn't get rid of it in the tune. PPRV delete finally fixed it.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I think mine changed some fuel maps around but I'm not sure. It's over my head anyways.

Yes, some people have troubles starting their cars afterwards. You won't have much problem if you turn the key on and off a few times though. That will "prime" the fuel line with pressure making it start first try. At least that's what my tuner told me to do if he couldn't fix it and we had to delete it. Also maybe next time he won't be able to fix it and I'll end up deleting mine also. He's going to be sure and try though. So far he's 2 for 2.

I still say if your tuner has a shot of fixing it then give them a shot.

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
I think mine changed some fuel maps around but I'm not sure. It's over my head anyways.

Yes, some people have troubles starting their cars afterwards. You won't have much problem if you turn the key on and off a few times though. That will "prime" the fuel line with pressure making it start first try. At least that's what my tuner told me to do if he couldn't fix it and we had to delete it. Also maybe next time he won't be able to fix it and I'll end up deleting mine also. He's going to be sure and try though. So far he's 2 for 2.

I still say if your tuner has a shot of fixing it then give them a shot.

Well I wanted to upgrade the BAP wires and add the KB disk... I was thinking I might as well do the PPRV delete too but I will check with my tuner first I guess.

Does anyone know how much the the gates lines I will need? That stuff is expensive so I don't want to buy to much more than I need.. I was thinking maybe 3 10" lines :shrug:

Also, does it matter which clamps or y fitting I go with?

P.S. thanks for the quick reply posi :beer:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I wish I could help more but you're getting out of my league now. Your welcome on what help I was though. I'll try and think of someone you can pm to find out your answer if nobody replies in here. Try Godstang he might know.

AZSaleen04

Shelby GT500
Established Member
I have a real good tunner as well and when I swapped to the 32V with the KB 2.8 the problem started.

When I accelerate hard and then let off to shift it custs out and then comes back again. If you accelerate normally there is no problems. I believe anytime you switch blowers this problem comes up and it's not the PPRV.

Any other thoughts?

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member

i was going to say the same. I had the hesitation/buck between shifts, got a dynotune and i dont have it anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread