Hi I have a few questions regarding lowers arms and immobiliser

Dameonashbolt

Established Member
Hi all I have a few questions didnt know if anyone could help? 1. I've read that lower arms on the cobra are diffrent to other models? I've got a pair of 2004 GT's and a pair of unknown new edge ones. To me they all look the same and cross referencing part numbers on rockauto they appear to be the same numbers? 2. Is there a way to turn the immobiliser off or bypass? I'm basically reshelling my terminator into a 2004 GT My terminator clocks are in kph and showing something like 190,000 where is the ones in the GT are showing 66,000 miles and are origional to the car. Worse case scenario I will need to buy a set of MPH cobra clocks and get the mileage adjusted then coded to my car. Just seems alot of hassle

01yellercobra

Established Member
The Cobra front lower control arms came with a different ball joint. I believe it was a lower friction unit. I'm not sure about the bushings. There might be a slightly different shape to help clear the wider rims that came on the Cobra. But by now I imagine everyone just makes one to fit all cars.

zredfire04

Established Member
Just my opinion, but it seems to me that the real hassle is turning a real terminator into a fauxbra.

Why not just keep it as it is? Nothing wrong with the mileage on that car...again, imo.

Dameonashbolt

Established Member
What is a fauxbra?

All the previous history with the car states it up to 66,000 miles. I'd of rather kept it going as such rather then it now showing 190,000 kilometres

zredfire04

Established Member
Fauxbra=faux cobra. People will buy terminator drivetrain, interior etc to pass off a gt or v6 car as a real cobra. Some super dishonest folks will even swap vin tags.

Dameonashbolt

Established Member
Oh right never heard if that. Being from the uk not much of that goes on as we only have about 4/5 terminators over here.
Brought mine as a wrecker and too far gone so my only hope was to reshell into a GT.
Would of loved to brought a genuine cobra from the states and shipped it over but Wayyy to expencive

zredfire04

Established Member
Ok, that makes sense. The conclusion I jumped to was that you were "reshelling" it just to get lower miles on the clock.

You have a big project ahead of you. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread