Hiccup.....resolved!

KONA BLUES

HORSEPOWER JUNKIE
Established Member
:banana:

Hello again everyone, I wanted to share my resolution to the HICCUP which I described in 2 earlier threads as this may help some other unfortunate Cobra owner in the future.

Here are the links to the previous threads, should anyone care to refresh their memory....

HICCUP Part 1

HICCUP Part 2

As you may remember, I was pegging my FPDC @ a lowly 3800RPMs which is simply not the norm on a Cobra with minimal mods such as mine. I took the car to DynoSpeed Racing in Memphis and they found the problem with my ailing cobra - THANKS TO JOE AND HIS STAFF: See pictures below - :thumbsup:

IMG_39752a.gif

IMG_39782a.gif

Of all the things that could cause this, it was this little pinhole. I am glad it was an easy fix and not an expensive search for this, that and the other. Anyway, we replaced the damaged hose and now the car runs like a top....:burnout: .

For those of you who may be searching for a cure to your HICCUP/HESITATION give this some thought. My HICCUP did not occur between shifts as many Cobras on here have experienced (PPRV delete will cure this 99% of the time). My HICCUP was during WOT around 4800-5200RPMs. It's duration was no longer than the SNAP of a finger. My datalogs would show the pressure drop across the injectors dip down to 13psi then back up to normal pressure.

I hope this info will help another owner in the future as I seem to be the first to experience this problem. Thanks goes out to everyone who tried to help me with this problem....:beer: (especially HISSMAN, as I wore him out with PMs and datalogs - Thanks again JEFF).

DORF

Last edited:

KONA BLUES

HORSEPOWER JUNKIE
Established Member
Joe@DynoSpeed said:
Mike,

It was great meeting you the other day. Glad everything is resolved on your Cobra.

Joe

Ditto Joe.....:beer:

I can't thank you enough man. You and your boys are TOP NOTCH in my book and I will be spreading the word about you guys!!!!

I know my Cobra is a PUSS compared to many in the Cobra world, but man this thing is an absolute BEAST!

Thanks again brother.....:bowdown: :bowdown:

Nutty 5.0

Established Member
Wow! GOod find. Wonder if installed at factory or wherever the install happens that it was scraped installed and finally wore through?!

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
Glad you got the issue resolved. But damn, who would've thought it was something as small as that tiny little pinhole?

Props out to the shop that found it. Something like that would be easily overlooked by most people.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Glad you got your problem resolved so simply. I believe yours (fortunately) is an isolated case. It is very unusual to see a pinhole develop in the hose. Thanks for posting the resolution!

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
Thats awesome!

I wish I could get someone to do my PPRV delete to get rid of my occaisonal "hiccup"! Every shop by me is sooooooo busy!

MalcolmV8

Established Member
What is PPRV delete? My car bogs and hesitates when I shift from 2nd to 3rd unless I do it extremely fast such as when drag racing. My tuner says it's not the tune although it never did it till he touched it. Humm so anyhow I read this and was wondering if I should be looking into PPRV?

KONA BLUES

HORSEPOWER JUNKIE
Established Member
CobraBob said:
Glad you got your problem resolved so simply. I believe yours (fortunately) is an isolated case. It is very unusual to see a pinhole develop in the hose. Thanks for posting the resolution!

Bob, I totally agree with you that this will probably be an isolated case and not an epidemic. I thought it would be helpful to post this find and maybe some other unfortunate soul may be able to use the info I provided.

I was beating my head against the wall searching countless threads and coming up empty handed. I don't have much to offer to the Cobra world, but maybe this info will save someone some grief and prove an easy fix....;-) .

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
MalcolmV8 said:
What is PPRV delete? My car bogs and hesitates when I shift from 2nd to 3rd unless I do it extremely fast such as when drag racing. My tuner says it's not the tune although it never did it till he touched it. Humm so anyhow I read this and was wondering if I should be looking into PPRV?

That is exactly my problem...and the PPRV delete cures it 99.9% of the time.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Well well, I am so glad that you got that sorted out. I was scratching my head to no end there for a while.

-Jeff

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Nicky Pass said:
That is exactly my problem...and the PPRV delete cures it 99.9% of the time.

So what does PPRV stand for? Is this something I could do with an SCT tuner? My tuner told me one of those would be compatible with the tune/chip I have for data logging etc. I'll buy one of those tuners if it will fix this problem.

Thanks
Malcolm

04CobraMatt

Established Member
MalcolmV8 said:
So what does PPRV stand for? Is this something I could do with an SCT tuner? My tuner told me one of those would be compatible with the tune/chip I have for data logging etc. I'll buy one of those tuners if it will fix this problem.

Thanks
Malcolm

See the white thing in pic #4? Both pumps have to push through that little valve, needless to say it causes quite a restriction.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=395856&highlight=pprv

MalcolmV8

Established Member
So instead of removing this PPRV one way check valve why not just install a second one? Put one on each fuel pump before the Y connector. Then you increase your fuel flow and keep the factory functionality of starting up nicely.
What do you guys think?

I've had a vehicle in the past without a check valve and it sucks. Turning the key on and off to prime it or dealing with splutters or stalling when first starting. I don't really want to do that to my Cobra. Makes a really nice car seem like a piece of junk.

Thanks
Malcolm

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
MalcolmV8 said:

Do you have a BAP? Most likely it's not the tune. Did it show up after any mods? Probably the PPRV.

DanielB

WHPPLD
Established Member
Did your car ever do it under a medium load? Like when I am accelerating (NOT at WOT) it "hiccups" like you say but it never does it when I lay into it and go WOT. It does it in every gear it seems like around 3k RPMs. It annoys the crap out of me and would love to get to the bottom of it!

Users who are viewing this thread