HID 6000Ks are installed with pics

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Well,
Today, my buddy Dave and I tackled the HID 6000K (from HIDguy.net) install and Bassani catted x install for my 03 Cobra...finally the car has the look/sound I have always wanted. The directions for the HID kit were pretty basic and the kit was pretty much plug and play...I bought the dual beam kit so I can still use my High beams if needed...I bought some 3m heavy duty double sided tape which helped with the install of the ballasts. Overall, I am very happy with the way the HID kit worked out, and I highly recommend dealin' with Oscar at HIDGUY.NET. The Bassani catted X and the Borla Stingers sound great...will be postin' exhaust vids up soon, but here are some HID pics...I think they go great with the Oxford White...
Thanks again for your help Dave...
Here is the link for 03/04 Cobra HID kits from HIDguy.net...
http://www.hidguy.net/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=292_301_340_350

IMG_2575.jpg

IMG_2577.jpg

IMG_2579.jpg

IMG_2582.jpg

IMG_2584.jpg

IMG_2589.jpg

IMG_2585.jpg

Last edited:

20psirabbit

Established Member
they look good in the day pics but i bet they look blue at night. i've got 5k in mine and the smoked stock headlight housings make them even look a hair blue.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Looks great, now get some lowering springs ASAP!

I know, just can't make up mind which one's lol...I'm thinkin' about cuttin' 3/4 all around...I really don't like the slammed look to tell ya the truth, but it sure does look like a 4X4 in the woods

Looks awesome Joe!

I have the 6000k kit from HID GUY also and love it!

Can't wait to hear the exhaust!

Yep, the exhaust sounds great...glad I went ahead and bit the bullet and bought the bassani catted x...goes great with the stingers...very loud when it needs to be but not obnoxious...exhaust is smooth like butter...it will be a few days until I can get some clips up...

They look awesome. I don't know why so many folks have a problem with the light blue tint in the 6k. Its the best part of the 6k kit.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
They look awesome. I don't know why so many folks have a problem with the light blue tint in the 6k. Its the best part of the 6k kit.

The 6000K is the best color for the Oxford White...they really don't look blue at all...you want blue...my buddy has the 8000K...I'm extremely happy with how they came out...the exhaust clips will be up in a few days after work...

Ray Lucca

Established Member
HID's

That convinced me, I gotta get the 6K kit from Oscar, looks great and glad to hear install went well. Start with a 1/2 coil cut on the springs, let them settle for a week, go from there.

Cobreezy

Established Member
The 6000K kit looks great on the oxford white! What about for the black Cobras? I'm on the fence with the 5000K kits from the hidguy.net. What are you guys with black Cobras running as far as HID's go?

HID_Guy

Established Member
The 6000K kit looks great on the oxford white! What about for the black Cobras? I'm on the fence with the 5000K kits from the hidguy.net. What are you guys with black Cobras running as far as HID's go?

Follow the link below, most of the Black Cobra guys are buying 8,000k HID kits; the 5k and 6k will make it look clean, but the 8k adds a certain cool hard look to it.

- Customer's HID Kit Photo Gallery : Venomous Stangz Performance - Mustang Slim Ballast HID kits, Mustang Lighting, Mustang Exhaust, Mustang Wheels, Mustang Tires, Mustang Headlights, Mustang Tail Lights, Mustang Fog Lights, Mustang LED Bulbs, Cobra

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
I know, just can't make up mind which one's lol...I'm thinkin' about cuttin' 3/4 all around...I really don't like the slammed look to tell ya the truth, but it sure does look like a 4X4 in the woods
I was in the same boat as you, not wanting my car to be excessively low but wanting to get rid of the factory "4x4" stance. I went with H&R Race springs and couldn't be happier. Again, the headlights look awesome. Definitely have to put this mod on the to-do list. :coolman:

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
That convinced me, I gotta get the 6K kit from Oscar, looks great and glad to hear install went well. Start with a 1/2 coil cut on the springs, let them settle for a week, go from there.

Great point...1/2 to start, because the last thing I want is to cut them too much...vids will be up in a few days...

VincodeY

Established Member
I first bought the 6K's and loved how they looked on the outside. From the inside, they were blue to me. I was going for that "slight" blue tint. So now i have the 5K's coming. But, they looked very clean. my 0.02

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
looks good!

and bassani catted x w/ borla stinger catback FTW!! :rockon:

Thanks for the compliment...you were one of the reasons I got the bassani catted x as well as others...vids will be up when I get a few days off from these darn night 14 hour night shifts...

Users who are viewing this thread