HID Fog Light Bulbs

Predatorbird

Established Member
I'm buying a set of HID's off a local guy that had them on his 03. He has both headlights and fog's, but it looks like the fogs use a different bulb for these cars. From searching on here I see we use a 893 bulb. I want to order the fogs from DDM tuning, but don't see those listed. Anyone know what I need to order from there?

HID Kits, BMW Aftermarket Bumpers & Lighting, DEPO - DDM Tuning

red351wcobra

Established Member
I Have the DDM Headlights & Fogs. I used the H10 bulbs. I cant remember for sure if the 99-01 use the same bulb. But I think they do.

stang8762

Established Member
DDM Tuning here as well both fogs and headlights but i have a 03/04 bumper and use H10. Call ddm and ask what you can use . Sometimes other number bulbs will work im pretty sure a h10 might work . Go to the local auto parts and buy one to check .

880/893/894/885/890/899 are all the same

Last edited:

Predatorbird

Established Member
I searched and 99/01's use the same bulbs as 99-04 GT's. 03/04's use a different bulb.

I'll have to give DDM a call to see what kit I need for the fogs.

Bad99SVT

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
i decided to be a little cheap and i got the xentec hid's for my headlights off ebay and they work great! Really bright and can see very well with smoked headlights. They sell the fog light kit from xentec as well for 99-01 cobras. I have 6000k headlights and i am getting the fog lights soon. They are only low beam headlights though. Check them out:beer:

Predatorbird

Established Member
I got the headlights installed tonight, but the H10 bulbs do NOT fit our fogs. I still need to call and order them. I have the 5K headlights from DDM, which have a slight blue tint to them. I'm very happy with the light output and it's a quality kit for being so inexpensive.

Bad99SVT

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
yeah thats how the xentec ones are...really cheap and great output from them. They have a full 2 year free replacement warrenty also....mine have a blue tint to them but are very bright!

Darkc0bra

....Pass
Established Member
I got the headlights installed tonight, but the H10 bulbs do NOT fit our fogs. I still need to call and order them. I have the 5K headlights from DDM, which have a slight blue tint to them. I'm very happy with the light output and it's a quality kit for being so inexpensive.

You are running them in our normal Headlight housing? I would like to see how this looks because I am wanting to do the same thing.

Predatorbird

Established Member
You are running them in our normal Headlight housing? I would like to see how this looks because I am wanting to do the same thing.

Yes, I'm running them in the 01-04 factory headlights. I'm going to try and get some pics tonight.

Sny714

Established Member
I had 5000k bulbs at first then replaced them with 4300k. I was surprised how much of a difference the light output would be from 5000 to 4300. Also the 4300 has a nicer color too it since its a factory hid temperature.

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
To eliminate HID glare to oncoming cars, look at my how to thread, but slide the shield into the actual bulb like the guy did in post #9 of my thread.

Chili

Not Banned
Established Member
DDM Tuning here as well both fogs and headlights but i have a 03/04 bumper and use H10. Call ddm and ask what you can use . Sometimes other number bulbs will work im pretty sure a h10 might work . Go to the local auto parts and buy one to check .

880/893/894/885/890/899 are all the same

DDM sells a 880 kit, OSRAM says the 99-01 Cobra uses the 893, sooooo....

A friend of mine installed a 880 kit on his GT, says they worked perfectly. Not sure if its the same size on the 99-01 Cobra, but either way hope that helps.

Predatorbird

Established Member
Here are a couple of quick pics I took of the lights. These are the 5000K (35w) headlights from DDM. The light output and colors looks different in some of these photos due to the different shutter speeds, but it give you an idea. In person the headlight housing looks blue, but the light given off looks white. I'm still unsure whether I want to keep these or switch to the 4500k lights.

IMG_1903.jpg

IMG_1907.jpg

IMG_1911.jpg

Predatorbird

Established Member
DDM sells a 880 kit, OSRAM says the 99-01 Cobra uses the 893, sooooo....

A friend of mine installed a 880 kit on his GT, says they worked perfectly. Not sure if its the same size on the 99-01 Cobra, but either way hope that helps.

It should be the same bulb, I'll have to call them to double check.

BTW, I still can't get over your car, mine feels so slow now. :nonono: Let me know when you want to polish your exhaust. :beer:

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Yours seem much brighter than mine. I wonder if I have a bum ballast or something?

Did you use a relay harness or hook them up to the factory wires?

Predatorbird

Established Member
Yours seem much brighter than mine. I wonder if I have a bum ballast or something?

Did you use a relay harness or hook them up to the factory wires?

Don't you have tinted headlights? The 2nd pic is a little misleading, I think it was a 30 sec shutter speed.

They plugged right into the factory wires.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
I figured as much with second pic, but the third looks like they have better coverage than mine as well. Maybe my mind is ****ing with me.

Tinted ones are in a box in the garage. I bought some new factory headlights some time ago.

Chili

Not Banned
Established Member
BTW, I still can't get over your car, mine feels so slow now. :nonono: Let me know when you want to polish your exhaust. :beer:

Yea man, let me know when you get the fogs and we'll get em all buttoned up, you saw how easy it was... They look a thousand times better in your car then they did in mine, I'm not sure what the deal is...

And yea, that bitch screams... :D

Users who are viewing this thread