HID Group Purchase

Viper_ed

Locked & Loaded!!!
Established Member
I spoke with Steve @ Xeondepot.com last week and he told me that they are planning several group buys during the month of November and that price would be $399 each for 10 of more kits purchased. I think he sells the Phillips kits.

Here is a link to their site:

www.xenondepot.com/index2.html

Not sure if this would interest anyone or not.

Ed

Viper_ed

Locked & Loaded!!!
Established Member
All he said was that we would need at least 10 people. Maybe more money off for 20, not sure. I'm also going to call him back to see if they carry bi-Xenon kits.

Vaelin

Established Member
I thought aftermarket HIDs are now banned by the DOT? If not, I'd be in on a set.

Got Incon?

Government Slave
Established Member
Originally posted by Vaelin
I thought aftermarket HIDs are now banned by the DOT? If not, I'd be in on a set.

While I haven't heard of this, there are SEVERAL HID kits that do not have DOT compliance (even if they are compliant, yet they don't apply for it and get it approved by the DOT, they are still illegal)

Some kits even lie about their legality. Regardless, if you don't put in some crazy 100W watt HID versus the standard 35W HID, and you keep it pointed correctly at the ground and in your lane, who is really going to care?

Viper_ed

Locked & Loaded!!!
Established Member
Regardless, if you don't put in some crazy 100W watt HID versus the standard 35W HID, and you keep it pointed correctly at the ground and in your lane, who is really going to care? [/B]

EXACTLY!!!

lesrok

Established Member
quick question, what would happen if a cop pulls me over for the HID lights and I'm a little buzzed (beer, bud, etc). Can they arrest me for a DUI even though they really pulled me over for the lights???

Got Incon?

Government Slave
Established Member
Originally posted by lesrok
quick question, what would happen if a cop pulls me over for the HID lights and I'm a little buzzed (beer, bud, etc). Can they arrest me for a DUI even though they really pulled me over for the lights???

Lol, wtf do you think?

Geez officer, I know I smell like budweiser, but hell, you pulled me over for a broken tail light, so I'm going home now.

lesrok

Established Member
what I'm trying to get at is that sometimes you're going to get a little buzzed at a party or out w/ your friends, not totally messed up, but just enough so the cops can f**k with you. So for putting on some lights that are just going to get you pulled over and f**ked with the police, think it's worth it?? 2cents

Got Incon?

Government Slave
Established Member
You have got to be kidding me?

What do you think, is lookin cool worth going to jail?

Then again, is getting buzzed at a party worth losing your license for a year?

Is getting a DUI worth having certain jobs out of your reach forever?

(I.E., I would be fired from my security clearanced job for a DUI, among many other things including finanical trouble and infidelity)

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
as long as you are behind the wheel and the keys are in the ignition, you are considered to be driving. the car need not be running, nor does it need to be moving.

and if you feel a little bit buzzed you're most likely beyond .08 anyway. screw up your own life all you want, but when you drive 'a little buzzed', 'not totally messed up' you risk hurting OTHER PEOPLE.

my .02? you're already a cop target because you drive a cobra. go for the brightest headlights, the darkest window tint, the most boomboomboom stereo, and no front license plate. just dont be surprised when they pull you over.

Poison_S

Established Member
Include me on the kit.

The ebay auction referenced above has me wondering too what the difference is between the two kits.

Last edited:

Viper_ed

Locked & Loaded!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by lRageATMl
good question...

I will try to call Xenondepot today when I get a chance to ask about the differences between their kit and the one posted on ebay. Just taking a quick look at the kit on ebay, it appears to me that the ballasts may be a off-brand name, but I'm not sure. I'll try to research this further.

Viper_ed

Locked & Loaded!!!
Established Member
Just called the distributor that has the kits listed on ebay and I was told the following:

1. Manufacture is Super Vision.
2. Everything is made in Korea.
3. Bi-Xenon is not available in the 9007.

The woman I talked to had a VERY hard time speaking english and something is telling me that the items in this kit might be tied to one supplier as far as replacement items may be concerned. Has anyone ever heard of this company or know of anyone that has had any dealings with them?

Here's their web address:

www.globalpremier.com

Users who are viewing this thread