HID Group Purchase

Viper_ed

Locked & Loaded!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by lRageATMl

It says "Kit Includes: 1 Pair of 9007 HID bulbs"

However it looks to me that you may have to splice the wiring in. Hard to tell from the picture, but it dosen't appear to have the connectors for the factory wiring on the ends of the wires.

Viper_ed

Locked & Loaded!!!
Established Member

CobraNHYEE

Established Member
This kit should be all plug-n-play. The Phillips kit is a high quality kit. I would also buy a kit with Hella ballasts. Both are very reliable. As far as Supervision, I saw their kit and it looks cheap. I put a 9006 HID conversion kit w/ Hella w/ a color temperature of 4300K and it was easy. Took about an hour. The only hard part was looking for a place to mount the ballasts.

Viper_ed

Locked & Loaded!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by CobraNHYEE
This kit should be all plug-n-play. The Phillips kit is a high quality kit. I would also buy a kit with Hella ballasts. Both are very reliable. As far as Supervision, I saw their kit and it looks cheap. I put a 9006 HID conversion kit w/ Hella w/ a color temperature of 4300K and it was easy. Took about an hour. The only hard part was looking for a place to mount the ballasts.

Are you speaking of the kit offered by xenondepot.com or another kit?

CobraNHYEE

Established Member
The kit offered by Xenondepot is a Phillips kit and yes it is High quality. Phillips and Hella are the best in HID's. So I'm in on a group purchase. Thanks.

CobraNHYEE

Established Member
The kit on eBay is made by Supervision. It works but the quality on craftsmanship is poor.

Poison_S

Established Member
Originally posted by CobraNHYEE
The kit on eBay is made by Supervision. It works but the quality on craftsmanship is poor.

That figures.

My question about the kit has been answered. I would like to be included in the GB.

Thanks.

Viper_ed

Locked & Loaded!!!
Established Member
Please send me a PM if you're in on the group purchase, so I can get a number count started.

Thanks,

Ed

geepaw

Heck yes I did it!
Established Member
viper_ed...

please explain how the kit works/installed.
Does it require any permanent mods to
the current stock set-up other than replacing
the bulbs and mounting the balasts nearby?

thanks

CobraNHYEE

Established Member
Originally posted by geepaw
viper_ed...

please explain how the kit works/installed.
Does it require any permanent mods to
the current stock set-up other than replacing
the bulbs and mounting the balasts nearby?

thanks

These kits are completely plug-n-play and require no splicing. This allows you to completely return to stock setup w/ no modifications. Hope this helps:beer:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Put me on the list.

The problem with the non-bi kits is that you have only low beams. At night, if you flash to pass or just hit the brights... you get total darkness :eek:

Not good for when you dont remember you have em or when someone else is driving your car.

Catz (www.fet-usa.com) shows a bi-directional 9007 kit on their website. Maybe someone can give them a buzz?

Viper_ed

Locked & Loaded!!!
Established Member
I asked Steve @ xenondepot about a Bi-xenon kit and he said that the do not carry them due to the fact that they've had allot of failures with the magnets in the bulbs that enable the bulbs to change their focal points, mainly the bulbs quit moving or the focal point was not always the same.

He was going to SEMA next week at was going to look for a projection style headlamp assembly for our cars. This would allow us to install HID for both Hi-beam and Low-beam.

fiorefiveoh

Established Member
hopefully the projection style headlight will still be 9007, so that everyone buying HIDs for their cobra will still be able to use their kits. i am sure it will be though.

Viper_ed

Locked & Loaded!!!
Established Member
Most projection style lights are set up for 9005 and 9006 bulbs. 9007's are used because they combine hi and low beams in one bulb. I don't see any reason that a projection style would be made in a 9007. Sorry.

fiorefiveoh

Established Member
so if the projector lens takes a 9005 or 9006 we would need 9007 ballast with a 9005/6 bulb correct? i had to do the same setup on my 99 M3 with the European Ellipsoid Projector lenses, except i had a 9006 ballast with an H1 bulb. i still have that setup too, too bad it doesnt fit in my cobra, and i am not about to cut it up.

Users who are viewing this thread