HID Headlight Bulb Upgrade

alexgg2

Established Member
Has anyone upgraded the headlight bulbs on the 2015 gt mustang. I want to upgrade mine since the lights look like halogen bulbs and not HIDs. They are to yellow I want to get 6000k HID bulbs installed. The 2014 mustang lights seem to be a little more white than the 2015. Anyone do this yet. Light output is a little weak too, if I can't find anything i might just do an fx-r 3.0 protector swap on these headlights to improve light output since I have a set laying around.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
My only problem with the lights is the sharp cut off. I guess I'm just used to the more diffuse light emissions of halogen bulbs.

LuckyStrike

Established Member
did anyone replace their headlight bulbs just yet to see if the phillips took care of the "yellowness" of the factory bulbs?

>i put the diode dynamics in my car and can't help but notice the difference between the fogs and now the switchback turn signals and the factory HID bulbs. If anyone has pics of the different bulbs it would be much appreciated.

roki187

Established Member
did anyone replace their headlight bulbs just yet to see if the phillips took care of the "yellowness" of the factory bulbs?

>i put the diode dynamics in my car and can't help but notice the difference between the fogs and now the switchback turn signals and the factory HID bulbs. If anyone has pics of the different bulbs it would be much appreciated.

I have 5500K and love the look. I can take pics once it gets dark. I also have the switchbacks

03SnakeBlack

I have the TRS 5500 D3S bulbs on my 15, bit brighter than stock bulbs. I will try to take some pics.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zemedici

Established Member
Just get some off ebay for ~$15 and be done with it.

TRS stuff is so overpriced its ridiculous.

LuckyStrike

Established Member
pics would be awesome. I am also running the switchbacks and couldn't help but notice the yellowing compared to the new LED lights and original fog lights. thanks for the feedback!

scott_0

Established Member
so youre recommending $15 shit ebay bulbs? using them in the fogs is one thing, but not for the head lights

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
My only problem with the lights is the sharp cut off. I guess I'm just used to the more diffuse light emissions of halogen bulbs.

Installed some from the TRS into my wife's '10 Milan and the cutoff is perfectly fine. After doing this, there is NO way I'd ever go back to halogen bulbs. The change in what you see was insane and well worth the money. It will be one of my first mods if any car I buy has a halogen bulb in an HID housing.

Users who are viewing this thread