~HID headlights~

bad93snake

STREET405
Established Member
...they KICK ASS!

just got my set put in yesterday, and man do they rock.

plug and play set, took me about 15 mins total to install.

theyre just a low beam kit but you'd never miss the highs.

btw i can get them for $150...

thats all for now, pics next week hopefully...

Eddie Z

Established Member
Did you have to wire them to the "high beam" setting? Meaning you have to run your high beams in order for the lights to work. I had to set it up like that on my car.

deauxt

Established Member
Yep, I just got my wife a 5000K bi-xenon kit for $115 on ebay and they are perfect! HID low and high beams, and it's a really nice kit.

deauxt

Established Member
...they KICK ASS!

just got my set put in yesterday, and man do they rock.

plug and play set, took me about 15 mins total to install.

theyre just a low beam kit but you'd never miss the highs.

btw i can get them for $150...

thats all for now, pics next week hopefully...

btw, what color temp are yours?

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
FYI...the bixenon kits DO NOT work with our OEM Cobra headlight housings.
Trust me. I bought a set, and the High beams are useless. Stick to the single beam kits.

The bulbs flip up when the high beams are activated, but the light output actually points lower on the street.

NastySVT

KindofaBigDeal
Established Member
I was lucky enough to get free HIDs in which i took the balast and bulb out of a 2006 lexus Rx330 and wired into my car. :) I figured why not haha.

deauxt

Established Member
FYI...the bixenon kits DO NOT work with our OEM Cobra headlight housings.
Trust me. I bought a set, and the High beams are useless. Stick to the single beam kits.

The bulbs flip up when the high beams are activated, but the light output actually points lower on the street.

Seriously?...that sucks. I was planning on getting the same kit for the Cobra that I got for my wife's car. One thing though. When the high beams are activated, the bulb flips down on this kit. The light output goes up though. Makes me wonder if yours may have been upside down for some reason? I can't imagine much being different. These are 9007 bulbs just like our cars have, so I would think that it should be the same.:shrug: I hope yours were just upside down, because I really like the HID high beams.

RoadZOmbie

Established Member
Seriously?...that sucks. I was planning on getting the same kit for the Cobra that I got for my wife's car. One thing though. When the high beams are activated, the bulb flips down on this kit. The light output goes up though. Makes me wonder if yours may have been upside down for some reason? I can't imagine much being different. These are 9007 bulbs just like our cars have, so I would think that it should be the same.:shrug: I hope yours were just upside down, because I really like the HID high beams.

Where did you get it from? Any links?

onepowerfulpony

Feel The Powa
Established Member
LG Liteglow i believe.

they offer 8k and 10k i believe

I get them from a wholesale dist...

Ok guys here is the deal. We can get them, and they are $105 + Tax + Shipping. I apologize for the tax, but the tax commission is really cracking down on interstate commerce. (Yes even interenet sales are to have tax applied now) They are Lite Glow and they come in 6000k, 8000k, and 10000k. They are all in stock. I will get some pics tonight of my car with Silverstars and smoked headlights, after I install the HID's will post more pics.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread