~HID headlights~

RoadZOmbie

Established Member

SVT-VNM

*** Snow, Needs to Detail
Established Member
FYI...the bixenon kits DO NOT work with our OEM Cobra headlight housings.
Trust me. I bought a set, and the High beams are useless. Stick to the single beam kits.

The bulbs flip up when the high beams are activated, but the light output actually points lower on the street.

What do you mean - OEM? You mean stockers? I have crystal clear housings - I just spent the last 2 hours researching buyers, HID in general, etc.

I am definitley not doing projectors with bi-xenon's - or any custom setup that isn't plug and play, don't want to make this a big project.

I am learning towards the 6000K temp - the bluish tint just doesn't do it for me. My main concern though is the scrambling of the light since its not housed in a projector. Can you guys post some pics?

Also leaning towards the dual beams - I like the hi/lo preference.

Any suggestions where to SPECIFICALLY buy? There's the ebay stuff, then other stuff. Definitley after searching around not going with AM - way too expensive for the same thing.

Last edited:

deauxt

Established Member
these are nice plug and play kits, not cheap ebay crap...

in my opionion high beams are totally not needed and im a headlight whore

Actually, just to let you know, your LiteGlow kit is on ebay too. So does that mean it's ebay crap? And sure, you don't NEED high beams, just like the fact that none of us need Cobras...but it sure is good to have them. Seriously though, it is nice to have the HID's and also have HID high beams to be able to flash someone who has their brights on.

deauxt

Established Member
But I thought that kit with the GE lights was good? What makes one kit better than the other? The lights or the ballast?

It is good, as I'm sure the one he got is too. All these kits are pretty similar these days. It's really just two bulbs, two ballasts, and wires connecting it all. The kits used to have standalone ignitors/starters too, but now most of the kits have the ignitor integrated into the ballast for a cleaner, more simplified install.

SVT-VNM

*** Snow, Needs to Detail
Established Member
I think I'm getting the ones you got for your Jeep deauxt - looking at that same seller (diff item though) - his page and his product looks a hell of a lot better than the one I posted above - and for only 30 bucks more that might be worth it.

onepowerfulpony

Feel The Powa
Established Member
Actually, just to let you know, your LiteGlow kit is on ebay too. So does that mean it's ebay crap? And sure, you don't NEED high beams, just like the fact that none of us need Cobras...but it sure is good to have them. Seriously though, it is nice to have the HID's and also have HID high beams to be able to flash someone who has their brights on.

It was a general statement. He is not saying everything on eBay is crap, but order one of the $19.95 kits from China and see if your happy. Are you just wanting to start an internet argument take it to PM's this has been a very insightful thread and has had LOTS of good input, please don't clutter it up. :beer:

deauxt

Established Member
I think I'm getting the ones you got for your Jeep deauxt - looking at that same seller (diff item though) - his page and his product looks a hell of a lot better than the one I posted above - and for only 30 bucks more that might be worth it.

Cool...I'm going to pick up another set for the Cobra once I get my clear headlights on. I can't see crap with the smoked housings and halogen bulbs.:bash:

Users who are viewing this thread